cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master text data not coming in report filter for 0WBS_ELEMT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am loading text master data (few WBS elements) through flat file into InfoObject 0WBS_ELEMT. This InfoObject is used in my report in free characteristics. When I am trying to filter on one of the just uploaded WBS elements in the report in free characteristics, I am not able to find that data in the filter.

I manually activated the master text data in RSA1, but it gives information message that 0WBS_ELEMT already active (may be because text data does not need any activation or change run).

What could be the possible cause of not finding the data (those WBS elements ) in the report filter ?

Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Text load don't need any type of activation. Text data will always be active.

Just check whether data is properly updated in text table or not.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the text table and it is showing me those data.

Am I missing any setting so as to make the data appear in the report as well ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try the option 'Values in Master data table' in Advanced tab of that characteristic in report.

Thanks,

Vinod

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod Sivadas,

Initially you suggested to set the setting in advance tab as " Values in master data table", which I tried but it didn't solved the problem. But in advaced tab there is one more section "access type for result values" under which I checked the radio button "master data" keeping the your suggested setting "Values in master data table" .

This combination has worked out and now I can see the values. I am new to BW so I have no idea why it worked or what is special with this combination, but the good thing is that I am done with my problem. Assigning the points to you. Thank you.

Thanks to you all !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod Sivadas ,

I managed to change the settings in the query designer as you suggested, but stiil the same case. The irritating thing here is that I could see the data in master text table of the 0WBS_ELEMT but could not see in the filter of the report.

Not sure, what I am missing here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just a thought , are you updating all 3 texts in info object ? System might be displaying the text which might not have been updated in the system (i.e short, long, medium). Try updating all 3 texts and check.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Mr Kapadia

*Assigning points is the way to say thanks.**

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Durgesh

0WBS_ELEMT is really trouble some object...because of its so many formats.

First check what format you have in your transaction data....internal or external ?

then check when you are loading via flat file are you loading internal or external format? Please note when you check table do not use "Conversion Exit", else system will convert the data and show you converted format.

Click on your InfoObject in query designer and check "Advance" tab in right side....What is the setting of filter value selection?

1. Master Data or 2. Info-Provider ?

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try removing filters on your report.