cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master List Search/Filter Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're trying to implement our search/filtering on the Master List and I was told that the filtering happens in the backend and not the frontend as the frontend only retrieves 20 or so records at a time. Does anyone know what changes need to be done in the backend to return the result back to the UI? I can't seem to find any good information regarding this.

We have the following fields the search string should query:

1. Invoice Number

2. Project Number

3. Project Name

4. PO Number

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ugurkaya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Arya,

It is not a good practice to use the search field to filter all of your fields. However, if you really want to go that way, you can handle this process on your backend service. Just, send the search string as invoice number field for example, and you can assume it could be any of the four fields, so apply search constraints to the fields you want on your invoice search algorithm. If it is an oData service on your backend system, I can provide an example about that.

Regards

Ugur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ugur,

We enabled the search field to query 4 fields in the backend and return it to the UI. It seems to be ok for now but we'll have to see how it is when we go live with our Fiori app. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks,

Arya

former_member203031
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arya,

As of my knowledge if the filtering is performing in the backend then u have to pass the required search field to the backend, then at the backend you have to perfom the filtering and as a response u will get the required information then u can display the data in the list format or as u like.

I hope this info will help you,if this is not your issue please reply me.

Thanks,

Deepak Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Our ABAP developer was able to solve this with some coding and return the filtered resultset back to the UI. We didn't know how to do this at first but he figured it out. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks,

Arya