cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Dataload is taking long time to complete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In last couple of weeks, we are experience the delay for master dataload job. These dataload should take 5-8 minute to complete but it is taking more then 5 hour to complete. here we are using process chain for master dataload.

Any idea? We don't understand where to start to check the root cause of this problem.

Regards

Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether any new resource intenisve jobs run at the same time. Try to load the info package by yourself at off peak time and watch.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In processing step for dataload, data successfully transferred to the update (at 2.21am). In next step it get stuck in step "update of master data hierarchy" for 5 hrs.

what does it mean. is it problem in BW side as i'm guessing. there are enough resources in both sides. Could it be process chain problem?

Thanks for your all help for this problem. pls update.

Amar

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this clashing with an Attr change run process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu

I'm doing the master load manually to find out the root cause of problem. I'm getting the following message in RSMO for master data:

(Sending packages from OLTP to BW lead to errors

Diagnosis

No IDocs could be sent to the SAP BW using RFC.

System response

There are IDocs in the source system ALE outbox that did not arrive in the ALE inbox of the SAP BW.

Further analysis:

Check the TRFC log.

You can get to this log using the wizard or the menu path "Environment -> Transact. RFC -> In source system".

Removing errors:

If the TRFC is incorrect, check whether the source system is completely connected to the SAP BW. Check especially the authorizations of the background user in the source system.)

I have seen that IDOC get stuck at SM58 (trfc) in source system. When manually i execute "Execute LUW", then it work properly. Here when we execute the transcational dataload, it is not happening. We are using the same background user to extract data for master and transcational data load.

If possible, can i send one screenshot to your personnel email address?

If any other team is getting the same type of problem or have the suggestion to solve it, pls let us know the way to resolve it.

Regards

Amarjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Any suggestion why IDOC get stuck in source system for master dataload only.

It takes sometime 3-4 hour to reach to BW server. If manullay we execute the IDOC in SM58, it work. This is not the problem when loading transcation dataload.

Regards

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freinds

Some update of our master dataload. Still not resolved.

Seem to me, our problem is related to Hierarchy in BW server.It is taking long time to update the hierarchy in BW server. As i told you, problem occur only when loading master dataload. For transaction dataload, no IDOC get stuck in R/3 (NPR) server. There are enough resources in both R/3 and BW server for trfc.

There are total 9 hierarchy in the master dataload that is delaying in the process for update. If you have seen this type of problem for the following hierarchy, pls update me.

A 0ACCOUNT (InfoSource)

Hierarchy

1 Fin statement vers FSV5

2 Cost Element by fun area

B 0COSTCENTER (InfoSource)

Hierarchy

3 Mitel Network

4 NA MNS Total

5 CEO

6 Global Support Cost center

C 0COORDER (infosource)

Hierarchy

7 Total R&D (Ron Wellard)

8 RD YRD1

9 RD YRD2

Regards

Amarjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amar,

The First thing to do is to check the Job log for the Master Data in the R/3 System , look if some new jobs on R/3 have been scheduled in the same time..you can always monitor the data loading following complete cycle so that you can always find the root cause.. work processes in both R/3 and BW . So start off with job log ...

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krish

I checked the log but there is no clue. There is enough workprocess in both sides.

Any other idea?

Thanks again.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the monitor to see where the load is stuck...