cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All -

I want to set up a master data infoobject in BW. Is it possible that I can specify mulitple keys for my infoobject? If so, how?

Also, is it possible to set up key figures as navigational attributes for master data?

Thanks,

Nyrvole

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

Not sure what your reqt is, but you can add Compounding to the InfoObjects, like CostCenter compounded to Controlling Area so the key is a unique combination of CoArea and CostCenter. Also common is the Source System compounding.

Key Figures can only be used as Display attr, but can be pulled into the query for calculations by using formula variables.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply.

I feel that Bhanu's suggestion would work best for me. I could use compounding.

As far as the key figure goes, I will look into the formula variables. I am not sure how it works but will look into it.

Thanks,

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

See this for creating the formula variables:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/72f4a790-0201-0010-5b89-a42...

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for all your help!!

Bhanu, your approach works Best!! Full points awarded.

Thanks again!!

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome Nyrvole

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

By Multiple Key do you mean compound key? If yes then you can define other objects under the compunding tab in Master Data Infoobject Definition.

Yes you can use key figures as navigational attributes.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been able to add a key figure as an attribute but I do not have the option of turning on the "navigational" functionality. could you please specify, Rohit, how to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nyrvole

Click on Detail/navigational attribute tab under Attributes.

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Nyvrole,

I was confused with something else. Even we used it in the way Bhanu has suggested. It works well here.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nyrvole,

Multiple keys mean multiple InfoObjects as the Primary key ? Then you have to add the InfoObjects into the Compounding section. Then Compounding InfoObject values +InfoObject value (for which you are creating the master data) becomes the key values which identifies each record in this InfoObject.

You cannot make a keyfigure within an InfoObject as a navigational attribute. For any reasons you need to then create a Characteristic InfoOBject and manipulate.

GSM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nyrvole

What do you mean by set up Master Data and multiple keys. If I understand correctly your question you could always select attributes and navigational attributes for your infoobject. This you could do it in RSD1 Transaction.

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat