cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am new to BW , can some one please tell me , how to load master data into the BW System , taking the source as flat file. And also once the ODS and the Info Cubes are created , is there connection that we need to make to the master data and how is that done.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram g

frank has explain so well i believe. i am also newbie ... so far my understanding thats the way to load.

post detail message so that one can help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello rama,

do u mean to say that u want the data from one cube to be transfered to another. u can create multproviders or else go for open hub option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me put it this way , I have a master data coming from flat file to one of the info cubes, now is it possible that I can bring this into one the cubes that I am building now. like calendar master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram_g,

hmm, where to start?

Have you set up a Flat-File Source-System?

Normally, you would create a InfoObject with attributes according to the structure of your flat-file. Then you would assign a DataSource to to this InfoObject and select the Flat-File Source. And then a DataSource is created and you can create a InfoPackage, where you assign your flat-file and load the data into BW.

Everytime, when you use in a InfoCube or ODS your created InfoObject with the loaded MasterData, you will have the Master Data available.

But I think, you have to start at the beginning.

Here a link to start:

http://help.sap.com

Regards,

Frank