cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master data issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i am having three key fields in the source i.e data source and this is for masterdata and i want text so in infoprovider text i am having only two keyfield objects so i had added attribute in the infoprovider i.e master data but what ever the attribute  ihad added in the infoprovider i am unable to see that attribute in text source in transformation so i am unable to map one key field and i am getting error when loading dtp can anyone please say how to get field for text source after adding attribute.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am unable to understand your issue.

Can you share your data source transformations?

For text data source you don't need any key field.

it just have main info object ,language and descriptions only.

So you need to map 3 fields to 3 info objects of info provider.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ram,

Actually i want to load text data for account group after creating query i replicated and created one object as infoprovider and done mappings with infoprovider text and i am facing an issue loading dtp that duplicate records because there ihad not mapped all the three keyfields only i mapped two fields and kept attribute in infoprovider but i am getting that attribute in infobject attributes ionly  but that is not coming in text so unable to map that field in transformation and unable to load dtp i am getting this error message.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

see, les assumes , info object - ZACC_GRP is your target.

This is your data  ZDS - it may have 3fields, 1. accnt grp 2 language field 3. descriptions.

Now you can map to your data source.

1 accnt grp -- to zacc_grp

2. language  - to langaue

3. Descrptions  to short/medium/long descprtions.

For your info object ZACC_GRP, have you selected attt/text check box at info object level?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i had done the same thing what you mentioned above and can you say me cleary about att/text check box 

actually in my infoprovider in masterdata/text tab i had checkbox with text is there any other settings i need to be done

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share your transformations screen shot?

if your loading only text data then please don't use attribute word. that doesn't make sense.

First of all what kind data source you created?

is master text data source transaction data source?

You better share screen shots please.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Its master data text

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good, above screens are correct and your settigns are fine.

then whats the probelm your getting?

Your not laoding attributes in such case why you insrted attribute to your info object?

delete that one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had deleted and loaded dtp and i am getting error Exception in Substep End of Master Data Update and next line duplicate data record .

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it says duplicates then check at source,

Ask source team who it have same record as multiple times.

Take the duplciate data and inform to source team,

Even i already suggested one option at dtp-->update tab,, have tried that way?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i had tried but i want all records see all the three keyfields were mapped only then i can resolve the issue

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no issue in your data flow design.

data is the problem.

so sort it out with source and load the data.