cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass broadcasting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I need help to create a Mass Broadcasting.

Anybody do it?

What does MBAT (Mass Broadcast Automatin Tool v.1.0.) mean?

I couldn't find it in SAP BI

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cant you just use Information Broadcaster?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I can.

But I have 100 groups which must use the own information.

And if Iu2019ll be use only information broadcasting i need a lot of time to configure 100 broadcast work books with own variants (for example different busareas).

Have you ever use mass broadcast or how would you solve the problem of automated mass broadcast ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I have not come accross such tool.

We do large broadcastes of reports using infoBroadcaster. We specify to broadcast by role and each users will have different analysis auths therefore they all see different data. e.g. they all have the same role (zcost_centre or Zorg_unit), but they only see dat based on their org unit or cost centre.

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you make configuration of this broadcasting? How does system check authority objects?

You have one work book to broadcast. And 3 roles with different group of users.

How does the system know which group which kind of data need?

Do you have an email? I could send you Print Screen for example.

Than you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

There is an option in the broadcaster 'User in Role'. Here you specify the role of the user. E.g. We have 8,000 managers who recieve reports based on thier org unit so in 'user in role' i would put the name of the role. This will send the report to all 8,000 managers.

You have one work book to broadcast. And 3 roles with different group of users.

We dont use workbooks, we send them a link to the query on the web, but the same principle applies and u will be able to do it with workbooks.

How does the system know which group which kind of data need?

When the report is executed, the system check what authorisation that user has. In the role there is an analysis auth, so the system checks the analysis auth to see what org unit the person managers and only sends out data based on that org init.

Search on SDN for analysis auths and how thery work.

cheers,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We dont use workbooks, we send them a link to the query on the web.

Ok. I did it such as you are suggested. I send a link to the query.

The user is opening query by this link and recieve selection screen.

I need create the situation when user will be recieve the finished data without use selection screen.

is it posible?

With what authority I have to specify the user in the field of "Authority User"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep it is possible. In your query remove the selection screen. if u need a variable such as orgunit, then this will run of the analysis auth variable and will not ask the user for a prompt.

Authority user should be a user who has the ability to send out broadcasts. e.g. ability to run all queries, run programs in background etc. For now just give the user sap_all until u have worked out the necessary roles need for the background user. usually a role like bw_developer should have the right auths.

nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I've done it. I hid the selection screen. User received the link and saw only his orgunit data. This problem is solved.

But problem doesn't solved when I try broadcast a work book. At this situation I have all data by all orgunits.