cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Margins of legacy reports are off when displayed in Crystal 2011

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently evaluating Crystal Reports 2011 as an upgrade / replacement for Crystal X. To this point everything has been working fine but I have begun to compare reports that have been printed from our current system using the Crystal X assemblies with reports printed from our system using the Crystal 2011 assemblies.  What I have observed is that any report printed from our system using the Crystal 2011 assemblies prints up and to the left by about 1/16 of an inch compared to the same report printed with the Crystal X assemblies.  Unfortunately our system utilizes a susbstantial amount of reports as well as reports that are sent to dot matrix printers where the placement of fields need to be exact. Is this a documented issue and, if it is, how can I overcome the problem without needing to open every single report?

A note about our system: we have Crystal Reports integrated into a .NET application.  All old versions of the Crystal assemblies (10.0.3300.0) have been updated to the new version (10.5.3700.0).  Obviously this includes the Report Viewer control. Thanks for any help that you might be able to provide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wiley,

Please correct me if I am wrong, here is what I understood..

Previously you had designed reports with Crystal Reports 10.

Now you have upgraded the reports to Crystal Reports 2011.

You have migrated your application from CR 10 (10.0) to Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2008 (10.5).

Here are my comments on above scenario.

Crystal Reports 2011 does not install any .NET assemblies (no .NET SDK).

10.5 is a bundled version of Crystal Reports which ships with VS 2008.

The issue may occur because You have upgraded your reprt to CR 2011 and you are opening them using 10.5 assemblies (which is comparitively very old versionprint engine).

Could you try Visual Studiuo 2010 and Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010?

Also does the report exhibit the same behaviour in CR 2011 designer?

- Bhushan

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Using Visual Studio 2010, at this point, isn't an option and I don't really know how effective it would be anyway.  I opened and printed a report in CR2011 Designer and the same issue exists: when printed via CR2011 the margins are shifted ever so slightly when compared to a report printed using the 10.0.3300.0 assemblies.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is likely an issue from the designer...

Could you try viewing the same report in 10.5 bundled designer?

- Bhushan

Answers (0)