Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Issue : No values getting passed to RFC in SOAP to RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm working on an SOAP to RFC scenario.

Some time ago, when I passed some data to SAP PI WebService using Altova XMLSpy, tha data was getting mapped and passed to the RFC properly.

Half an hour later, when I again tried to pass the data, the RFC wasn't getting anything passed to it.

What could have gone wrong since nothing is changed in design & configuration?

Then I tried to reimport the RFC and then reactivated all the components in the design & configuration.

But still the problem persists. How to overcome this?

Please guide me at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, please delete the duplicated post here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3163676.

Now, about your problem:

1. Are you sure that these SOAP requests that are not reflected in RFC are successful on the sender side?

2. What is the response code that you can see in XML Spy? Is it HTTP 200 success, or maybe some error code?

3. Can you see your unsuccessful SOAP requests in PI's communication channel monitor for the SOAP sender channel?

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The data that I'm pushing is successfully received in the sender channel. See below.

But the data is not getting passed to RFC. Its showing blank. See below.

Why its happening although I haven't changed anything? I there anything that got disturbed between PI and SAP?

Thanks,

Amit Patil

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

1. Check the trace for your message at the Request Message Mapping step, search for the following:

<Trace level="1" type="B" name="PLSRV_MAPPING_REQUEST">. Let us know what does the trace say there, like what kind of mapping was determined and so on.

2. The status icon says: Application Error. This makes me think it could be an application error on the receiver side, like you double-posted the same data and it has not been accepted by the receiver, is that possible?

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Have u checked the RFC Communication Channel in RWB. Can you show us  the message from RFC Receiver channel. Have you checked your RFC Receiver communication channel parameter.

Regards

Laxmi Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The error status is thrown by RFC as an exception which I have programed if any mandatory data is missing which is cought in Fault message type. But here everything that I have passed is missing.

Below is the trace level I have found which have asked for.

- <Trace level="1" type="B" name="PLSRV_MAPPING_REQUEST">

<Trace level="1" type="Timestamp">2012-04-19T10:12:46Z CET Start of pipeline service processing PLSRVID= PLSRV_MAPPING_REQUEST</Trace>

- <Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_XMS_MAIN-CALL_PLSRV">

<Trace level="3" type="T">Calling pipeline service: PLSRV_MAPPING_REQUEST</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Reading Pipeline-Service specification...</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">PLSRVTYPE =</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">ADRESSMOD = LOCAL</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">P_CLASS = CL_MAPPING_XMS_PLSRV3</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">P_IFNAME = IF_XMS_PLSRV</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">P_METHOD = ENTER_PLSRV</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T" />

- <Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_XMS_MAIN-CALL_PLSRV_LOCAL">

- <Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_MAPPING_XMS_PLSRV3-ENTER_PLSRV">

<Trace level="2" type="T">......attachment XI_Context not found</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Append context with name =senderAgreementGUID and value =28eb18ee82f339b1918ee94bb670d6b8</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Mapping already defined in interface determination</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Object ID of Interface Mapping 6D1EB91E1CBA3CD6B8CF3651427D68FC</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Version ID of Interface Mapping 16954AC0B81D11E09E33E6A60A64D96A</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Interface Mapping http://bccl.com/xi/CRMIntegration OM_CRM_ORDCR</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Mapping Steps 1 JAVA_JDK com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_CRM_ORDCR_REQ_</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">MTOM Attachments are Transferred to the Payload</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Dynamic Configuration ( http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30/general senderAgreementGUID 28eb18ee82f339b1918ee94bb670d6b8 )</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Mode 0</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Search com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_CRM_ORDCR_REQ_.class (http://bccl.com/xi/CRMIntegration, -1) in swcv 16954ac0-b81d-11e0-9e33-e6a60a64d96a.</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Loaded class com.sap.xi.tf._MM_CRM_ORDCR_REQ_</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Search com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_CRM_ORDCR_REQ_$MT$InnerLibsList.class (http://bccl.com/xi/CRMIntegration, -1) in swcv 16954ac0-b81d-11e0-9e33-e6a60a64d96a.</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Loaded class com.sap.xi.tf._MM_CRM_ORDCR_REQ_$MT$InnerLibsList</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Search com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_CRM_ORDCR_REQ_$MT$InnerParamsList.class (http://bccl.com/xi/CRMIntegration, -1) in swcv 16954ac0-b81d-11e0-9e33-e6a60a64d96a.</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Loaded class com.sap.xi.tf._MM_CRM_ORDCR_REQ_$MT$InnerParamsList</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Call method execute of the application Java mapping com.sap.xi.tf._MM_CRM_ORDCR_REQ_</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">*** START APPLICATION TRACE ***</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Document start</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Start tag [ns1:ZTBSL_SALESORDER_CREATE]</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Add raw attribute [ xmlns:ns1="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions"]</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Close tag [ns1:ZTBSL_SALESORDER_CREATE]</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Document end</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">*** END APPLICATION TRACE ***</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Java mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_CRM_ORDCR_REQ_ completed. (executeStep() of com.sap.xi.tf._MM_CRM_ORDCR_REQ_).</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Dynamic Configuration ( http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30/general senderAgreementGUID 28eb18ee82f339b1918ee94bb670d6b8 )</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">ContentType text/xml;charset=utf-8</Trace>

</Trace>

</Trace>

</Trace>

My other same scenario passes the data as it is to the RFC when tested from Altova XMLSpy. But why not this one although it was working fine and suddenly it stops.

Thanks,

Amit Patil

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like a problem with the mapping itself. See here:

<Trace level="3" type="T">Document start</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Start tag [ns1:ZTBSL_SALESORDER_CREATE]</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Add raw attribute [ xmlns:ns1="urn:sap com:document:sap:rfc:functions"]</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Close tag [ns1:ZTBSL_SALESORDER_CREATE]</Trace>

<Trace level="3" type="T">Document end</Trace>

This is all your mapping does...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The mapping issue got resolved.

Actually while testing using Altova XMLSpy I was passing the values in SOAP request in RFC parameters instead of Message Type parameters. So it was unable to map into the respective RFC parameters.

Thanks to all.

Regards,

Amit Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing same issue now.i have tested and in development my scenario is working fine.

Then moved to QA ,My mapping is not executing as amit said.

Dev: Testing through soap UI working fine.Getting proper response.

QA:Mapping is not executing.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Please check with your XML Request Payload at the Inbound Message Stage.

Also check with the Trace log at the Request Message Mapping Stage.

If possible share them.

Regards,

Amit Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

This can be connectivity issue related to your SOAP Web Services. Please check that your web service is working.

Regards

Laxmi Bhushan