cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping in transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I replicated the DS into BW. But it is replicated as 3.x DS. So i just clicked on migrated and converted into 7 DS.

Now created the transfrmation on the cube and datasource. But here mapping b/w fields in DS and infoobjects in the cube didnt take place.

Do we need to do manually?

If manually how do we knwo to which field respective object to be mapped.

Regards

Annie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Annie,

To find out the which field can be assigned to which Infoobject, go to RSOSFIELDMAP and mention the OLTP filed name and execute it. So that it will display all the IO's whcih are relevant to that field based on Application component.

Assign Points if it helps..

Thanks,

Gattu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for the input. I saw the table in BW and its giving good info.

But y there is no automatic mapping as it was in transfer rules earlier.

Here for example when i install 0SD_C03 cube, and there are so many standard routines in update rules given by SAP. Now if i use transformation will those routines get copied or do we need manually write them again.

Regards

Annie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Routines will have to be migrated accordingly to OO ABAP, you have to make minor changes in the Coding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. <b>Routines are to be migrated</b> . Can you plz give me the more info when to migrate and how to migrate.

Like during the installation of cube from business content, do we need to specify some where or after installation of the cube, in update rule>right click> additional functions--> create transformation.

I am not sure plz guide me.

Regards

Annie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you have to do manually, hardly some rules will be proposed by system.

SE16- RSOSFIELD - Objvers - A - Field name - ECC field name -Execute - You will find corresponding Infoobjects.

Message was edited by:

Jr Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Annie,

To know info object name in bw for particular field from R/3 go to se11 (abap dictionary) and database table give RSOSFIELDMAP

Click on display and in utilities select table contents and display.

In selection screen specify field name and data source name..Execute it

It Displays corresponding info object name

Regards

Prakash