Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Mapping field in IS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have created generic datasource but I am not sure as to where to start in creating the IS? Do I need to create communication structure first or there is some other way ? When I need to assign the data source?

I have already replicated the datasource.

Pl guide me ASAP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishna,

yes you have to create communication structire first. Your infosource consists of 3 main object.

1. Communication structure.

2. Transfer rules.

3. Transfer structure.

First you deine the communication structure. Then u have to map it against the source system. SDo select the source system where u created the DS. now your datasource wil be listes and u can map it to ur comm strctr. Then you have to define the transfer rules. The system automatically propose some transfer rule depending on the data types. You can change it or accept it. Once u activate ur transfer rules, transfer structure automaticaly gets created as well as the PSA tables.

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both of you.

I am understanding the concept now, One more problem I am facing is when I am entering ZBDMNG(Requirements Qty) in communication structure the system is automatically taking 0UNIT in CS .I do not want this field , system is saying its the reference field .So would you pl tell me how can I get rid of this field from CS? Its not allowing me to delete this field untill I remove the infoobject .I want the infoobject but i do not want 0UNIT.

Pl help ASAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since quantity field is not valid without the unti field. So the unit field is also populated. If you see for the IO ZBDMNG, the reference field will be as unit. ( goto infoobject scrren and u can see it under reference IO ).

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

to be precise, goto the infoobject and Unit / currency field will be having 0UNIT. Since its a quantity IO and quantity has not meaning without Unit, its designed like that. If u dont want that field, then try deleting 0Unit from Unit/currency field of IO and then try adding it.

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sriram and subraya

Points given

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

you can not avoid it since it is a uqantitty field. It gets added automatically. Indeed you will need that reference field because quantity has no meaning without unit. You can map it to some constant if you know its value. Otherwise, you can ignore it. But, if you include the same info object in any ODS or cube again the oUNIT will be added automatically. So, you better map this unit from data source till the end. Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

When you have ceated the data source, you know what fields you are using. You need to create the Infosource to hold the data and pass it on to the info providers. For this, you need to find the right infoobjects to form the infosource. So, first thing you need to do would be to identify all the infoobjects needed. Then, create a communication structure and then include all the identified infoobjects. Now, your communication structure is ready. You replicate your data source and assign the fields to the infoobjects in the communication structure. Then, you create an ODS or Cube depending on your requirement and map the communication structure to the info providers. That completes the data flow from R/3 to BW infoproviders. Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde