cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Error - IDoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the following runtime exception in XI Monitor when mapping flat file data to ORDERS05 IDoc.

<b>RuntimeException in Message-Mapping transformation: Cannot produce target element /ORDERS05. Check xml instance is valid for source xsd and target-field mapping fulfills requirements of target xsd at com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf3.AMappingProgram.start</b>

I've checked the following so far:

1) Succesfully tested the test data instance in Design.

2) Disabled the EDI_DC40 segment

3) Verified the sender and receiver agreements

4) Verified the data against the XSDs

Is there anything else I can check that indicates what is wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the problem is that you have disabled the mandatory segment for the idoc. Try to enable and assign constant values to mandatory fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This is a longshot but are you actually mapping something to the top node /ORDERS05 ? If not, try mapping it and re-run your inbound message.

Christiaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

In XI 3.0 the idoc adapter communication channel should have the checkbox "Apply Control Record Values from Payload".

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you also try to reload the meta data for the IDOC adapter, e.g. call IDX2 transaction on the ABAP Stack and delete the existing idoc and create it again.

This helped in my case where new fields did not show up in the mapping but in the test.

May be worthwhile to tray.

Cheers

Stefan

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Error can be due two scenarios.

1.Is message mapping tested for the sample data in the integration repository?If not please test the message mapping in the Mapping Objects->messaging mapping of the Integration Repository.If the error is thrown in the test envirnonment of the integration repository then your target field mapping is not correct.The error might be either due to non-mapping of Mandatory elements in the target structure or nodes in the target structure are not assigned to empty constants(If the elements in any node is mandaory then the node needs to be explicitly initiated by mapping it to an empty constant).

2.If the mapping is successful in the integration repository check in the integration directory if the "Apply control record values from payload" Checkbox in the Idoc Reciever Adapter deselected?(Integration Directory).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

Thank you for responding. The mapping tests out okay in the repository. I went into the directory to check the Idoc Reciever Adapter checkbox for "Apply control record values from payload", but did not see the checkbox. I'm working in 3.0 Does this option exist in 3.0 or am I looking in the wrong place. Thanks for your help.