cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making key date variable optional on selection screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My query is based on time dependent data and I want user to specify key date during execution. I created variable for the same with setting "Optional". But still it asks user to enter key date everytime as if it is a mandatory.

Is there anything i am missing out? Doesnt it take a current date as key date if no value is specified?

Or is there a way to populate keydate variable by current date?

I am on 2004s. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

-Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you will mention <i>optional</i> also in variable, it will ask the input at the time of reporting. But you dont want to enter any date on that particular column. You can directly execute the report with out providing input.

If it is mandatory, the parameter's caption should have * with the name.

Regards,

Vivek V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for response. I tried doing so, but it not allowing me to execute query without entering date. Is there any setting by which it will take current date as ley date if not specified?

-Abhijit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You better take 2 variables in the query. One Variable is just for taking user entry and lets say it as VAR1. And VAR1 is optonal varible.

Take the Other variable as Customer exit varible which is actually used for Key date. Heres in the code , you assign the value of VAR1 to this if it caontains a value ,otherwise you will assign sy-datum to Customer exit variable.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma. P

antonette_oberholster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Anil

Can you please tell me what the code would look like for the customer exit? I'm still learing the coding part in BEx.

Would really appreciate it

Thanks

Antonette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under which characteristic ur using variable? If it is standard characteristic then you have lot of variables for different usage.

In your variable check whether <i>Ready for Input</i> option is selected or not. If it is there, then remove that option and try again.

Regards,

Vivek V