cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making iView take over Portal Content Area based on Mode

former_member191469
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a custom-developed iView, based on AbstractPortalComponent, and I need to have it take over the entire Portal Content Area when it enters a specific mode.

The iView will normally be configured on a page with several other iViews and will take up only a small portion of the Portal Content Area. But when a user clicks a button on the iView, I want it to take over the entire Content Area. When the user clicks another button, I want the iView to return to its normal display state. Can this be done?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

this is no standard functionality. I suggest you create another page which contains only the iView in question. If you click the button in the iView that has been placed at the page with other iViews, navigate to the second iView placed at the other page. If you click at a button in the second iView you navigate back to the first page containing multiple iViews.

What do you think?

Best regards,

Martin

former_member191469
Participant
0 Kudos

I thought about this, but the "other" iView that I would navigate to is the same iView, it would just be running in a different mode. If I could figure out how to open the "other" iView in a specific mode, then it would probably work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

why don't you modify the iView in a way that you can provide a parameter indicating the mode in which the iView has to be displayed? A simple HTTP GET parameter would do the trick.

Best regards,

Martin

Answers (0)