cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making And Deploying a Portal Archive File (PAR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the PDK 6 installed on the EP6 Priview Addition but i do not find any place on the Java Developer Tab which says Tools -> PRT Admin Console from where i can upload/deploy a PAR file . Is there something wrong with PDK 6 . Do i need a patch for this ?

What is the easiest way to make a PAR file and how to upload/deploy it ?

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

the Java Developer role is described in the article https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/documents/a1-8-4/introduct... to the portal perspective within netweaver developerstudio.pdf. As far as I know in NW04 one has to navigate to Tools|PRT Admin Console as was correctly stated by Ravi.

Ravi: could it be that you didn't assign the Java Developer role to the user you are working with or should this be automatically done within the preview edition, which I never worked with?

best regards

PD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Portal Developer,

This is a very user friendly tutorial. Shows pretty much everything related to PDK 6.0 SP9 style of development. Even the thoeritical concepts are covered very well.

Thnks and keep it up

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for all the answers . It seems the PDK i had installed was not done correctly . I now have the PDK running correctly and also am able to deploy the PAR file from the PRT admin tool .

I have started using the Netweaver Tool to build my PAR file to deploy my JSP .

Thanks

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

the easiest way to create & upload a Portal Archive is to use the Netweaver Developer Studio (you can download this too as a preview) and create a new Portal Project from it. From this, you can make the PAR and also deploy it to your server.

In EP6 SP2 within PDK (Java Development Role), there has been the alternative way -- Development -- Component Manager -- Archive Uploader to deploy a PAR. I just don't know if it's the same in the actual preview.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not used EP6 PDK as I've been using EP5 PDK. In EP5 you generate the par file in eclipse and then go to the portal under Portal Admin > PAR Upload.

I don't know if this helps.

Nick