cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Plan Planned hours

victor_wojeichouschi
Participant
0 Kudos

Recently I’m receiving to many requests for addition of new PMs into SAP, and this has been overloading our tech team responsible for Preventive maintenances.

Currently our Preventive maintenances does not have a total of planned hours per task, the tech team just get what have to be done and they do. I do have the option to add the total time to carry out a specific task, but when I extract the work orders for the week, we don’t have this information anywhere.

Does anybody knows if IW38 has the possibility to include on its layout this planned hours to carry out the PM? If no, does anybody would have any suggestions?

Notice that IP19 can provide me this planned hours but it will be very difficult to associate that information against IW38 task list.

Thanks

former_member34
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Since this is your first question, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with our Q&A Tutorial: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html, as it provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members. Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

By adding a picture to your profile you encourage readers to respond: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bt1juWUUM

Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor

Hi Victor,

Have a look at transaction IW37N/IW49N instead which gives details on the order header and operations.

PeteA

peter_atkin
Active Contributor

You should be able to do that by using the Sum/Sub Total option. Try this:

1. Sum on the hours column
  2. The Sub Total on the order number
victor_wojeichouschi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter, I could find a solution for my problem.

I have too many sub operations in my system, this way the report showed up too many rows with different times for each task, and repeating the work order number for every task. I could then use Pivot table to sum those duplicated work orders and then use Vlook up formula to find out the work order title for the each work order number.

Now I can delivery the preventive maintenance with the required time to carry out each task.

Thanks

Victor Wojeichouschi

victor_wojeichouschi
Participant
0 Kudos

Even though, I think SAP should have a better solution to extract this information without so many steps.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Hi, I was looking for this information in this forum, I use the T-code IW37N, so a Spreadsheet as a pivot table to work with it, but you will need to modify the lay-0ut (Ctrl + F8) previously to download the spreadsheet (I use the Selection Profile SAP014), it has some work, but it works. unfortunately SAP some times it is not to easy to ask information for reports, we need to download to excel and work with the excel :-(.

Thanks Peter Atkin, it was a good information.

victor_wojeichouschi
Participant
0 Kudos

true, it is a pain.

victor_wojeichouschi
Participant
0 Kudos

I do the same as you, pivot table fixes it, but it demands a lot of work.

I gave up to try to have this done.

victor_wojeichouschi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter, sorry for taking so long to answer you back. This T codes were almost exactly what I needed. My only problem is that it does not bring the sum of hours of all Operations per work order, instead, it repeats the same work order number in another row until it reaches all planned tasks. I wonder if there's a better way to extract my preventive's maintenance work order list of the week with this planned hours. If no, I'm going to try to use these T codes suggestions. Thanks a Million.

Victor Wojeichouschi