cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LRAW Datatype to BLOB in HANA : how to read it?

rahul_tiwari3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

we have an issue in our project where A table having a field of data type LRAW is being
replicated using SLT into a HANA schema.  This field type becomes data
type BLOB
in the HANA schema.

we would like to get the text info stored in this field but it seems that HANA cannot read it.

It seems that the only possibility here is to investigate if datatype of this field can be changed in SLT configuration but not sure what type should be adopted for it to work.

Has someone faced this issue ?   any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards,

Rahul

rahul.tiwari01@sap.com

Target: SAP HANA schema

Question:  How do we read the content of a field
having a data type BLOB in SAP HANA?  For instance, displaying the first 5
lines of the text content of this field.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_molenaur2
Contributor

Rahul - are you by chance trying to replicate the text table STXL?

If so, I am working on the same exact thing. I have some code that allows the decompression of text inside of SLT but I am hitting some roadblocks in getting it up and running.

Regards,

Justin

rahul_tiwari3
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi justin,

yes,  we are trying to do the same thing.

could you share your approach to handle this.

thanks,

Rahul

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

See here

Please mark as answered if this solves your problem.

Thanks,

Justin

rahul_tiwari3
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi justin,

thanks a lot for this,

one more question on this,  you mentioned that you are currently facing some challenges in getting this up and running.

could you highlight what those challenges are and are there any suggestions on handling those?

or what approach are you currently taking to manage those.

Appreciate your help!

thanks,

Rahul

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well that was earlier in the day, now it's all good. See the blog for details and please mark this as answered.

Regards,

Justin

nicolas_cottin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

I work in the same team as Rahul. Thanks for your help on this topic. I just read your blog.

I don't konw SLT at all but it seems that you have all these steps because you want to reduce the scope of the transformation by filtering and adpating the trigger.

But let's imagine in our case, we want to simply retrieve the text in a readable format for all the records. As on overview, we could simply:

- Create this new column in the target structure with the TEXTdata type that we can call TEXT.

- Create this include where we will only do this assignment:

<WA_R_STXL>-TEXT = <WA_S_STXL>-clustd.

Am I correct or completely wrong ?

thanks,

Nico.

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nico, if you want to replicate the entire table you can omit the steps for filtering records and just perform the rest.

You can't simply assign the value like you show as the CLUSTD field is in a compressed format, hence the need to for the IMPORT statement.

Aside from that, the blog should take you step by step.

Regards,

Justin

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Nico - also I would suggest you take this line of questioning to the blog itself so others can share in what you are asking/exploring.

Let's mark this thread as answered and continue over there if you like.

Regards,

Justin

Answers (0)