cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing patience - "Problem accessing Excel: Exiting". Can`t open Xcelsius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any "official" solution for this annoying issue? I`ve tried lots of suggested solutions, but still no effect. Can anyone help?

System: Windows XP SP2

Office: Professional Edition 2003

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today, I`ve decided to try launching my Xcelsius 2008 for the last time. I`ve installed the latest fix, and applied solution from Roberto:

Start > Run > Regsvr32.exe %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll

Guess what?!? IT WORKS !!!

Thank all of you for help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PawelP can you please elaborate what to do with the registry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PawelIP,

I have also tried all the solutions proposed here and in other Xcelsius forums.

Let me sum them up, just to check if there's something I missed:

- Kill the rogue Excel task

- Change the security options in the Microsoft Office folder

- Check and remove any weird Excel add-ins

- Remove and reinstall Excel and Xcelsius

I am running Win XP SP2 and Ms Office Professional SP3: everything worked fine last time I tried, and that was in July.

The only changes I can imagine that could have occurred to my system since then are the ones brought by Windows Update. I guess there may be some security patches for Ms Office that could have changed somehow the way Office application can interoperate with external applications, such as Xcelsius. But that's just a theory.

I really hope that someone of you will find a solution soon, since Xcelsius represents a 'mission critical' application for my professional activity.

Best regards, and thanks for your support

Stefano

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get this all the time. Usually all I do is close out all instance of Excel and then reopen Xcelsius. Clearly the other solutions are more elaborate, but I find that almost every time just making sure Excel is closed down is enough

edit I've noticed since I installed the Xcelsius service pack this problem is popping up less frequently. At least, I think it is

Edited by: MRJordan on Sep 17, 2009 9:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I find the same problem. I stopped Lotus Notes. Killed Excel Process. its working fine for me.

Thanks

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may find this file useful over at Ulrich's excellent Xcelsius-Insight blog:

http://www.xcelsius-insight.com/index.php/2008/10/21/get-rid-of-excel-is-running-and-you-are-

It kills any Excel processes before starting Xcelsius, so use at your own risk!

Hope this helps

[Charles|http://www.reportex.co.uk]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope...didn`t help

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Ctrl + Alt + Del" --> Task Manager --> Processes --> EXCEL.EXE --> End Process

Re-start xCelsius, it should be fine then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is a link to solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open Task Manager , In processes Tab end the excel process and then open the xcelsius...........

It may work.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

I`ve tried all the solutions that are available when you type "Xcelsius, Problem accessing Excel: Exiting" on google including: re-installations (both Office and Xcelsius), killing Excel processes etc.

former_member186358
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pawel,

Re-installating or killing Excel processes are the only solutions for this..i dont think so there is any other better solution for this problem.

-Anil