cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long running

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are experiencing long running load on master data infoobject ..I want to debug the extractor to find out the issue.

Please let me know the detail to debug

Thanks

Taj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Since its a sandard extractor, you need to do some digging.

Most probable cause is:

Indexes on the tables might not be up-to-date.

But, make sure there are no dumps (Apart from Time-Outs) on R/3 side.

Go to RSA3 and run it for 1000 records. See how long it takes.

if it gets stuck, go to SM 50 and double click on the Processor for this and see which statement it got stuck. You might need BASIS help on this too.

Chamarthy

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi:

Is it a Standard ot Generic Extractor.

If its Generic extractor:

In RSA3, you can run it in Debug mode.

THere is a check box for Debug.

Its not easy though. Your other options are to so a selective load and see how long it takes.

If its generic, do the selective load test.

Chamarthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi U.P

This is standard function module. Eg ) Glaccount master data load taking longer to extract the data . In BW side it was okay but the R3 side it take sometimes to extract the data for less number of records.

What steps i have follows to indentify this issue.. Could you please explain me by steps.

Thanks in advance

Taj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have too much of code in R/3(Enhancements) or BW(Routines)?

If it was running late there is nothing much you can do debugging. If at all you have coding try to avoing the selects within the loops and use the select outside the loop and fill the data in an internal table and read that with in the loop.

If you want to debg the routines.

Go to Details tab of the manage screen.

Right click twice on the data package --> Simulate update.

Select the no of records you wanted.

You get the pop up whether you wanted to debug the transfer rules or update rules.

Select transfer rules.

the click on the over view tab the you can see someting like Compute Routine_xxx

Select your required routine & doule click on the code then the break piont will set there. Then press F8. the cursor/position will be there from then onwards press F5 adn procees.

Good Luck.