Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Running Job - Status: Stopping

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We tried to run an update on our privilege modification job on a specific attribute (GRC-IDM integration) for our non-production privileges. When I found last Friday night that the system is having a hard time running it, we stopped the job and decided that today to modify the job definition to avoid long processing. However as per checking last night in the system, the status of it from last Friday is still the same: "Stopping".

Is there any way that we can forcefully stopped this job from running? It is affecting all major provisioning in non-prod as when trying to search for a privilege or assigning it, the system will throw an error. I am assuming that because the job is locking the privilege entries(?).

Thank you and stay safe.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

todor_petrov
Contributor

Hi Santi,

unfortunately stopping a job in SAP IdM is not one of the things, which is easily achievable. And if I have to answer your question directly - then no, you can't stop it, but....

There is a way to at least un-block your system until you make changes on the job and then re-run it. In order to do so, follow the steps below:

1. Disable the job

2. Go the State tab and click - Force restart

3. The job state should change to disabled, but keep in mind, the moment you enable it, it will run again, therefore ->

4. Make needed changes on the job

5. Enable job - it will automatically run again, but this time with the changes you applied

Hope that helps,

Todor

santiobejero
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Todor,

Appreciate the help and it helps me cancel it but now my proble is that all other jobs affected by this long running is still running, i thought that once the original job which caused this stopped the others will follow. Most of the jobs are from tasks so i dont know if actually replicating the procedures will help us out.

Any further thoughts is highly appreciated.

todor_petrov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santi,

unfortunately this is not the case. Its not a hierarchy operation.

You will have to perform the same. As you know, behind the task, there is actually a job running, so you can search for these tasks, open them, drill down for the job and repeat the same procedure.

Afterwards, make sure that you modify all needed passes, so that when you enable those jobs again you don't get the same situation.

Also something important, later when you are ready, start the activation of the jobs starting from the most parent one and then the child tasks, etc.

BR,

Todor