cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon ticket creation in EP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I want to SSO with SAP R/3 BSP application in portal.

My EP use Own Database for UME.

I configured some stuf for accepting logon ticket in SAP R/3 (I read document that EP create logon ticket at default) but SSO doesn't work.

So, I trun on checking cookie in browser and I logon into EP. (Just login)

When I logon EP, There is no cookie sent to browser.

Do that mean EP doesn't create login ticket ?

Any idea ?

Regards, Arnold.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logon tickets are turned ON by default not off - it is how the portal itself knows not to authenticate you. Without the cookie you would get prompted to login on every request to the Portal.

Nick

former_member195896
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In EP66NW04 you have to enable the login ticket creation. It is disabled by default.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I activate login ticket creation in EP ?

(Many document wrote EP create login ticket at default)

Regards, Arnold.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using EP 6 SP9 and above, you have to adjust the login module stack ticket to have createloginticket at the very end as optional. This will create a ticket and will be used for SSO between Portal and other SAp Systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your login module should look some thing like this.

If you use NTLM:

EvaluateTicketLoginModule SUFFICIENT

BasicPasswordLoginModule OPTIONAL

CreateTicketLoginModule OPTIONAL

If you do not use NTLM:

EvaluateTicketLoginModule SUFFICIENT

BasicPasswordLoginModule REQUIRED

CreateTicketLoginModule OPTIONAL

Use the following URL for more info.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1c/ad1640033ae569e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thr is a way to check for cookie. go to browser settings inder tools->privacy tab click "advanced" push button in the check the box "overwrite auto matic cookie settings" and under Fisrt,third party cookie option check prompt radio button don't tick allow session cookie. Now u close the browser and login to portal with Fully qulaified domain name. Now u will be prompted for cookie acceptence. Now u can see that portal is generating cookie for ur r/3 system or not under the domain name in details(in the propmted box clcik details) for which cookie is been generated.

for this to work u need qualified domain name for ur backend system also(like xxx.yyy.com) and follow the procedure if ur backend system is in differnt domain that is given configuring SSO for different domain in the help document.

Regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to set a parameter within R/3 to accept logon tickets to 1.

than you have to export the certificate from the portal an import it in R/3 by using strustsso2.

and you have to set this certificat to the acl with the sid of the portal and client 000.

Please check,

kind regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, how did you check for the cookie?

The EP cookie is not a file based cookie so it won't persist.

You use javascript:document.cookie to check for it. Put that in the address bar of your browser (after logging into your EP server)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shin,

Did you import the portal certificate into the R/3 backsystem to initiate the "trust relationship"?

a nice weblog:

I hope this will help.

Regards,

AAAttar