cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Multiple Client/Company to EP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help!!! I am currently looking for an answer to the problem of having an LDAP with users separated by Companies. Some users will have the same Portal Login "jsmith" for example. I need a way to specify on login that the user comes from a defined Company. Does anyone have any suggestions. We are looking at a centralized portal solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gregory,

It might be worth it checking the newly released pdf on SDN (How to Centralize Maintenance of ABAP and SAP Enterprise Portal Roles.pdf)

Regards,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fast reply..unfortunately the problem lies in at the login level. I have users in the LDAP but how do they specify which company/client they belong to when login into the portal. The portal only takes UID PWD. How do I distinguish which client?? The users have no idea of their R/3 UserID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gregory,

You can configure the R/3 client (i.e. 100) system number when you create a system object (within the SSO) procedure of connecting portal to R/3, BW backend.

Regards,

James

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what you are descriing it sound like you want to use User Mapping. The user can define the username, password and client for a particular SAP system. It can also store username and password for other non-sap system. Though, certificates are not involved; username and password are sent across the network. While User Mapping works, it can get a litte messy with the user community. Issues like password policy violations and password expiration WILL pop-up. We implemented this solution and we quickly started a project to synchronize our SAP IDs with out Network login IDs.

PS-NetWeaver's ability to authenticate against 5 different LDAPs is news to me. I will have to research this functionality. Sounds impressive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using multiple LDAPs is actually very easy with NetWeaver, up to 5 can be configured. The problems begin if you do not have unique UIDs in all LDAPs - this is definitely a documented restriction.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I am aware of the restriction. I was just hoping that someone might have a work around. I was told that a login module could be created to allow the user to specify his company(client), username, and pwd. This information will get verified on the LDAP. Then the certificate would have to be modified to allow the R/3 unique userid to be passed. Will something like this work??? or do I need to put this scenario on a demo system and try it out. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a very tricky situation. Authentication against multiple LDAPS is not one of the EP's strong points. You might need to get a 3rd party product like Netegrity Siteminder to help with the authentication.