cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login module EP6.0 SP2 -> SP3-6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

I developed login module for EP6.0 SP2. It works. Now, I'd like to migrate to SP6. Can I use SP2-implementation? Is there different UME (different libraries in different places)?

Thanks and regards,

J. Motl

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you take the code itself and rebuild your project using Dev Studio so you get the proper libs built into the project, then re-deploy and configure according to the SR1/SP9 helps.

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was there ever a solution to this problem? I'm experiencing the same issues.

Lucius
Explorer
0 Kudos

Joe:

Did you get it work in SP6? I have one custom login module which works fine in SP2, but when I deployed it to SP9 using the instructions found in:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/46/3ce9402f3f8031e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

It doesn't work, throwing some java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/security/api/UMException

exception right at the login screen when user try to login portal.

I wonder if it is because com.sap.security.api can't be found? But I did add com.sap.security.api.jar to the project, and confirmed it is the same version (11/11/2004) as in /usr/sap/PQ1/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/ext/com.sap.security.api.sda/com.sap.security.api.jar

Can anyone shed some light? Thanks a lot!

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Sean,

I didn't get it work in SP6. Now, I'm working on more urget project. I will come back to it later.

Best Regards,

Josef

Former Member
0 Kudos

The code itself should probably work fine -- JAAS is a simple API which hasn't changed. You will need to make some adjustments to how you deploy the module and how you configure your authschemes.xml, but it won't take much of your time. Check out the sections about security and login modules in the NW'04 docs.