cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical System change by BDLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to reassign a new source system NEW1 by replacing old source system OLD1 using BDLS in the source system.

But the NEW source system logical system name already exists, in addition few of the data sources replicated, transformations, Info packages and DTP's are created using NEW1 system. And also I ran BDLS, ended with shortdump/transaction terminated :

Error analysis

Short text of error message:

Transformation does not exist (see long text)

Long text of error message:

Diagnosis

The transformation specified by transformation ID , source  and

target , does not exist.

System Response

The system terminates processing.

Procedure

Procedure for System Administration

I have checked objects in RSA1, Transformations and datasources are switched to NEW1 but status is inactive, DTP still on OLD system. Strange thing I am looking is when I change & try to activate Infoobjects, it says Error while activating Infoobject: Long text

Transformation XYZ inactive. Action cannot be executed

Message no. RSBK260

Diagnosis

A transformation (XYZ) used by the DTP is inactive.

System Response

The action (request processing or DTP maintenance) was terminated.

Procedure

Activate the transformation. It connects the source 0CUSTOMER_TEXT    OLD1 to the target 0CUSTOMER

Can I delete the new source system and then use BDLS?

How do I make sure that the reassignment happens correctly?

Regards,

Vaishu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishu,

Just one check, does both systems client were open when you executed BDLS?

Not sure, but can have one try.

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi P M,

Thanks for your reply, but OLD source system is no more as it was down and now I want to replace all OLD objects with NEW logical system name. If I try to create transport request than system will through error message than RFC connection to OLD source system doesn't exist. Can you please explain in details.

Best Regards,

Vaishu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any one please help me, these is urgent issue as I cannot change or work on Dev BW system.

Thanks,

Vaishu

Former Member
0 Kudos

BDLS has quite some bugs, you might want to check and apply any relevant notes.

Otherwise create a transport request with all the source system related objects pertaining to the old source system in DEV and reimport the same request in DEV adjusting the source system translation table so that old source gets converted to new source, we did this way and it works fine.