cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logical Source system name changed after system copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a issue.

We have the BW system BWD.

we have the source system with the name ECQ300. Recently, system copy has been done by the Basis.

and now we have the new source system with the name "SAPECQ300".

They deleted the RFC connection from old system "ECQ300" and created new connection to "SAPECQ300".

Basis team has done all the necessary tasks and the RFC connection to "SAPECQ300" is also working fine.

hence we have only left with the new source system "SAPECQ300".

My problem here is,

We have all the existing data flows based on the old source system name i.e "ECQ300". since we have connection only to new Source system now. How to replace the existing assigned Source system (ECQ300) to the new source system (SAPECQ300) ??

I have read many documents on this.. but no proper clue. could you please guide me how to handle this..???

Thank you,

Regards,

Hema Tulasi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls chk the server name in Table - ROIDOCPRMS and the server name should match with the any one server name (if you have multiple servers) in SM51.

If both the names names are not same contact BASIS to set.

naresh_babu3
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just check if the source system assignment has happened in RSA1-> Source system-> Tools->Assignment of Sourcesystem to source system ID

Create a new id with reference to your new system.

This should solve the issue

Prathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

BDLS is the only option in this case.

The old system will be ECQ300 and the new name will be SAPECQ300.

This will replace the old name with the new logical system throughout.

Regards,

Sonal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

We also faced the same issue recently. There is no way now, the mapping of the logical system and the datasources are changed by the BASIS team using the BDLS  T code and  this is strictly done by the BASIS team.

The only thing that can be done now is to create datasources mapped to the new source system manually. Also check if the datasources have been correctly copied in the ECC system itself.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally BASIS will run BDLS program to change logical system names.

Some times after run the BDLS also logical system names might not change. BASIS might run the BDLS again or they will change manually after looking into the tables where the names are not changed.

Regards,

Chandra Sekhar.

former_member209032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should not delete the source system, but you should run source system conversion using transaction BDLS.

Regards,

Raghavendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

All the process is followed by basis.

I have no idea what they did. but now i have a new source system where the connection is working fine.

Is there any way to assign this new source system in the existing flows??

REgards,

Hema

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Most of the activities need to taken care by basis people. please check below note.

http://www.stechno.net/sap-notes.html?view=sapnote&id=325470

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

yes, I understand.

Can we do anything from our BW system to fix this as the connecting is working fine!!!??

Regards,

Hema

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

At BW side nothing is there do, as my guess basis may be performed all required conectivity kind activities.Below pdf might be useful to check bw connectivity.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70a7b233-8be5-2c10-4190-aed723af5...

If every things works fine then start loading/executing(in Dev) each data flow which you were designed as per business needs. if you won't face any source sysem(changed version) related kind errors that would be perfect.

Thanks

former_member21257
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Usually these issues are due to a missed step during the system copy process.

Basis should have followed all steps of the relevant scenario within SAP Note 886102.

Probably best to find out if they did this or not.

Rgds,

Colum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Column,

Okay.

But can we change anything or any setting available in the BW side to Perform.

Since the connection is established properly.

Is there is any exact way to assign this New source system with the already existing data flows.?

Thank you,

Regards,

Hema