cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Process Chain question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

A small quick question. If you have a local process chain, does it just create a dependency or does it execute the local process chain?

We have a Master data process chain and another chain that loads transaction data. These 2 chains are different chains. Now what we want is to create a dependency. If I include the Master data as a local process chain, does it load the master data again?, which we don't want or just create a dependency saying that the transaction data starts only after the local chain status is complete?

Thank you.

Message was edited by: Visu Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

If you use a process chain as a local chain in the bigger chain, you can set it to execute with the start of the bigger (meta) chain. It is NOT that the local process chian will execute twice: once as independant and once as asub chain of the meta chain. It all depends on the start process of the meta (bigger) process chain.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Bhanu,

Thanks for the reply. We have the Master data chain running from a long time every day and the master data I need for my chain is part of it. We made another process chain for Transaction data that needs dependency on the master data thats part of the loading in the first chain. We don't want to control or change anything in the first chain as there are many other objects and other dependencies with other chains. Now if I include that whole Master data chain in my process chain and execute mine, does it execute the Master data chain also(the Master data chain is generally already executed by the time the second I mean transaction data chain start). So, in this case, is using the Master data chain as a local chain advisable?

Tahnk you very much.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See, if the Master data chain runs for a very long time with say 10 loads, and your interest is that the transaction load is dependant on the 3rd master data load, and after the 3rd load is done, the transaction load can start...is this your case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly thats wht my case is but all the loads are running in parallel in process chain and there is an "AND" connector at the end. My question is if I include this whole Master data chain in mine, does it execute the Master data chain again(ofcourse the Master data chain is executed periodically)or does my transaction data chain wait till the end of the Master data chain and then proceed?

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly thats wht my case is but all the loads are running in parallel in process chain and there is an "AND" connector at the end. My question is if I include this whole Master data chain in mine, does it execute the Master data chain again(ofcourse the Master data chain is executed periodically)or does my transaction data chain wait till the end of the Master data chain and then proceed?

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry Bhanu due to network problems I had to click somany times but I didn't expect it would post 4 times.