cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

local formulaes and selections in BO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a very complex query to be designed in bex, which is furthur used in BO. The Bex query has lot of RKF,s and CKF,s to be defined so it is reacing SAP limit of 999 elements. If i use formulaes in place of RKF;s and CKF's, can i access them in BO Xi 3.1. If so, could you let me know the process.

Thanks

Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

yes you can but why do you need that much calculations in a single query ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ingo, you were very helpfull for me in these issues, Actually for our dashboard creation we need 24 months data with lot many calculations(if conditions and standard deviations of means). This requirement made me to create such complex query, even creating 2 queries and feeding data from these to xcelsius is also an option, but i am opting to create a single query.

The query is reaching its maximum extent because all the 24 months data and indeed RKF's

thanks

Prashanth

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok - that still makes me think that it is not needed.

how do you want to show the data in your dashboard ?

did you create all the formulas per month ? means each formula does exist 24 times ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingo,

The data in dashboard has 55 coulums, out of which 24 are months and around 5 are means of these months and the remaing 20 colums are alerts which are unique for our client( if conditions )

thanks

prashanth

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are we talking about an actual "dashboard" or a report ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

the dash board..

My task is to preapre a report which should exactly look like the data in the xcelsius spread sheet. even i said the option of using these calculations inside the dashboard spreadsheet(xcelsius). but, my client is not convincing

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if possible the calculations should all be done as part of the underlying BW query already.

so you saying you creating a dashboard which shows 55 keyfigures in form of a table ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes the spreadsheet in xcelsius have 55 columns, out of which 24 are RKF,s and remaining are CKF,s. Now i am using selctions and local formulas.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it doesn't sound like a dashboard - it is a report and you might be better off withCrystal Reports or Web Intelligence.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ingo,

It is a dashboard, i too suprised when i see the spread sheet template of that dashboard, and thought of mapping only specific key figures and carrying out the remaing calculations in xcelsius itself. but, my client is not opting for that. that made me to prepare a bex query which exactly looks like xcelsius spreadsheet template

Prashanth

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so anything open on your side ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

what i mean is

>> if i use selections and local formulas in place of RKF's and CKF's, can i access them in BO

thanks

Prashanth