cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loads to Master data object

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I have created selection packages to load to a master data object for example:

1. Load to 0MAT_PLANT

2. Five packages created filtered by plant range

If I kick off the first package do I need this load to finish before the second package can load into the object i.e. 0MAT_PLANT is locked by the first package or can I load packages in parallel to a master data object? If so how? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niten,

Please check the data loaded with first pack is in the master data records. If it's there, probably the confirmation idocs did not received by the infopack. No matter if you have the records in 0MAT_PLANT than manually change the Quality yellow to green.

Sarhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that, have carried that out. I have observed the following would be grateful if someone could confirm

1. Have a package running 2+ million lines

2. Kick off a package with a few hundred thousand lines after the first package, will complete before first package

3. Get an error since the extract completes in R3. However cannot load to the object since it is locked by the first

4. Message below:

User BWR3REMOTE is preventing you from loading master data for

characteristic 0MAT_PLANT . The lock was set by the master data loading

process with the request number (DataPackage number)

REQU_46MIUD73IBHYLLD9KZCAX4P47(000226) on 20070729,171630(711753) .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Niten try to sequence them according to the number of records that expected to be collected.

I mean consider that two packs could not insert or load at the same time, if one job locks others should wait, but the maximum wait time exceeds , the one which is waiting will be cancelled by the system, so schedule them accordingly.

Sarhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that, will do just was curious what would happen Have awarded points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Niten

You can schedule the 5 info packages at the same time with different plant ranges.

Better if you schedule them as background jobs.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that - have scheduled the second towards the end of the first I am loading to PSA and target in parallel. I would have expected the first job to be green by now - although the second is loading. My concern is that the second has now locked the object and hence why the first is still yellow (extract is completed in SM37). Am I missing something

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten you can start those five packs at the same time immediately, system will prepare data into idocs(selecting master data records form R3) and will load them in BW targets serial. But you don't need to control anything system will handle it don't wory.

Sarhan.