cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Multiple Time-Dependent Characteristics for an InfoObject

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to load 2 time-dependent characteristics for the InfoObject CO Order. Getting the from_dates and to_dates for the changes to any one characteristic is somewhat complex, but manageable. Adding additional logic to merge the two sets of from_dates and to_dates is something I would prefer to avoid.

Is there a way that I can load each of these time-dependent characteristics independently, and let BW handle the merging of their from_dates and to_dates to get the various combinations of characteristic A, characteristic B, from_date, and to_date?

e.g. I feed BW: Order 1, Characteristic A value 2 from 1/1/05 to 3/1/05. I separately feed BW: Order 1, Characteristic B value 1 from 12/1/05 to 2/10/05. BW automatically derives the entry Order 1, Characteristic A value 2, Characteristic B value 1, from 1/1/05 to 2/10/05.

Also, is it possible to load the time dependent characteristics of the InfoObject independently of the non-time-dependent characteristics, from a separate datasource and infosource? If so, how?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

It is possible to load each of these time-dependent characteristics independently. For this you can create 2 infosourses, say the 1st one will have the following communication structure:

CO Order

Characteristic A

0DATEFROM

0DATETO

The 2nd will have almost the same structure:

CO Order

Characteristic B

0DATEFROM

0DATETO

Then you may make your CO Order as datatarget. Create two update rules based on each of your IS. Upload data throgh each IS.

BW will take care about all this dates. And the result will be logically correct. But how will it suit your needs?

For example,

Characteristic A = 2 from 01.01.05 till 02.02.05.

Characteristic B = 1 from 12.01.05 till 02.10.05.

In master data table you'll have the following records:

From TO Char A Char B

01.01.1000 31.12.2004 blank blank

01.01.2005 11.01.2005 2 blank

12.01.2005 01.02.2005 2 1

02.02.2005 01.10.2005 blank 1

02.10.2005 31.12.9999 blank blank

To load time-dependent and time-independent attributes is also possible - separate datasources, infosources, update rules.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Eugene is absolutely right.

Always use separate datasources for these kind of loads.

But: it is not necessary to activate your object as data provider.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi,

Data provider?

Did you mean datasource or datatarget?

Best regards,

Eugene

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. This will make for much cleaner extraction processes.

In reality, there would be a number of other records for characteristic changes, so that all date ranges would have values for both characteristics.