cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Master Data

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to load the data for an InfoSource that I have created from BC. When I right-click on the InfoSource I don't see the "Create InfoPackage" menu item.

Any idea why I wouldn't get this option? i have followed the BP guide faithfully.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you think I might be better off starting again?

Could you tell me whereabouts in the help text the link above points to so that I can look at the other infosource/datasource assignments please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RSA5 - not RSA6. RSA6 is active and RSA5 is business content.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

OK I see the problem. The BP manual is poor. It does not tell me that I need to replicate 0CRM-IO (although it is quite logical).

I think I have sorted this one out for myself.

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Further problems.

I'm now trying to assign the datasource for 0CRM_PROD. The system only displays DataSource 0CRM_PROD_WARRANTY_ATTR as being available, even though I have replicated datasource 0COM_PRODUCT_ATTR, which is the one I think I want.

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent. That's sorted.

Please let me know where the marketing element attributes are in the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stuart,

Use the link given earlier for the documentation.

Otherwise it is Help.sap.com --> SAP NetWeaver --> English --> Information Integration --> Business Warehouse --> Business Content --> Customer Relationship Management

Aneesh

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

0CRM_MKTELM5_ATTR is not found in RSA6 in my CRM system, which I don't understand as I followed the BP guide. However, the BP guide only lists the following datasources:

Root > 0CRM > 0CRM_SALES > 0CRM_SALES-IO

Root > 0CRM > 0CRM_SALES (0CRM_COMPLAINTS_I)

Root > 0CA > 0CA_PR > 0CA_PR-IO

PI_BASIS > 0CA_BP > 0CA_BP-IO

Why wouldn't these datasources have been assigned during the activation. Is it because I did not have the correct source system assigned for activation?

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is telling me that my datasource is 0CRM_MKTELM5_ATTR then I have a problem, as this is not listed in my available datasources!

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the CRM system, check to see if this data source is activated...you can search in RSA6. Then replicate the data source in BW. It will then be available to be assigned to your InfoSOurce.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stuart,

Create InfoPPack works on a datasource and not an InfoSource.

Under the InfoSource there will be a source system assignment. Right click on that and you'll get the create infopack option.

If there is nothing under the InfoSource, then first assign a datasource to the InfoSource and then you will be able to create an InfoPack.

Cheers

Aneesh

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

I had noticed that a datasource was not assigned. However, how would I know which datasource should be assigned to the infosource?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For transaction - most of the time the datasource name is the same as the infosource.

For master data - it is normally the infoobject followed by _ATTR or _TEXT or _HIER.

What is the InfoSource?

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

0CRM_MKTELM

Former Member
0 Kudos