cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading lowest level of a hierarchy into listbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a dimension that has a hierarchy that is activated in the initial view.  I want to load just the dimension values (level 3 in the hierarchy) into a listbox using the setItems method like so:

DS_FILTER.deactivateHierarchy("ACCOUNT");

LISTBOX_ACCOUNT.setItems(DS_FILTER.getMemberList("ACCOUNT", MemberPresentation.INTERNAL_KEY, MemberDisplay.TEXT, 200));

DS_FILTER.activateHierarchy("ACCOUNT");

However, ALL levels of the hierarchy get loaded.  I have tried to deactivate the hierarchy first but it doesn't seem to work.

Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lori - have you tried the binding features of the List Box, instead of coding?

My example is a hierarchy to level 3, and the list box is filled using the binding features

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your quick response.  Either way I get the wrong results. 

Here is my list using the binding features when the hierarchy is activated.  Even the "All" node is coming into the listbox.

Here is the listbox items when the hierarchy is deactivated (the correct list):

I was a bit surprised that the other "levels" were being populated (in both cases) because I thought the components would be smart enough to get the lowest level.  Perhaps there is an issue with my hierarchy?  Our datasource is tied to a hana backend.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK - my hierarchy is BEx/BW (not HANA)

In my edit initial view, I have it activated to level 3

Then I do the binding

Could HANA be the difference?  I am not sure

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lori,

there is no option out of the box in Design Studio to choose only specific levels or only the leaf from a hierarchy. The option you have in the initial View is a "Expand to Level" but it will always start with the root level as there is no "skipping" of levels so far.

We create a true hierarchical filter that provides level and member based selection as well as a leaf based option.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, Visual BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

After seeing your example, I switched from an http connection type to an olap connection type and I am now only seeing the lowest level.  I also get the "--" as an item but I can deal with that by removing it.

Just very perplexed as to why the olap works (mostly) and http doesn't.

Thank you for your time!

Lori

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lori,

That's unusual that the connectivity type for HANA has resulted in different outcomes related to the hierarchy.  In order to "future-proof" your application, you may wish to keep in mind that according to the post SAP Lumira and Design Studio Convergence by Blair Wheadon, Design Studio 2.0 "connectivity to HANA will only be supported through the HTTP-based INA connector, not a SQL/JDBC connector".

Regards,

Mustafa.