cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Report Failed : The System cannot find the path specified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a .Net windows application and I'm using crystal report in that. Application is published in CITRIX. If I login as Administrator user, reports are generating fine.

But for any other user i'm getting following error while trying to open crystal report

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

• Exception Text **************

CrystalDecisions.Shared.CrystalReportsException: Load report failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): The system cannot find the path specified.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened()

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename)

at castlegate.frmFormB.frmFormB_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\MyFolder\My Projects\castlegate_with_setup\castlegate\frmFormB.vb:line 401

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(Form form)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()

at castlegate.frmViewEnquiry.btnPrint_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\MyFolder\My Projects\castlegate_with_setup\castlegate\frmViewEnquiry.vb:line 340

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Expecting solution to above issue

Regards

NistPS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the [Rules of Engagement|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/Rules%20of%20Engagement]

What version of Crystal Reports are you using?

Visual studio version you have?

Have you applied any servcie pack?

Is this on your development computer or on a deployed computer?

If on a deployed system, how was the CR runtime installed to that system?

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of Crystal Reports are you using?

Version 12.0.0.683

Visual studio version you have?

Have you applied any servcie pack?

No

Is this on your development computer or on a deployed computer?

Deployed Computer

If on a deployed system, how was the CR runtime installed to that system?

We Installed the software it self to that system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you used merge modules?

Which merge modules are you using?

Make sure that folder have specific rights where the reports are placed.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shewta.

Issue is sorted out because of folder access & authorization.

Thanks alot

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having this same problem in a Citrix environment. What folders did you need to make sure were set properly, and what did you set them to?

saurabh_pathak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You check for temp folders or use [Process Monitor|http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx] to find the root cause.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've checked the folders that the TEMP variable are set to and the user has full access, process monitor didn't have anything in particular sticking out.

All I know is when run as an administrator, everything is fine, so it's got to be something with permissions.

Thanks for your suggestions.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is permissions. Not sure what you looked at in ProcMon, but look for "Access Denied" messages on folders, files and reg entries. Also, have a look at [this|; thread.

Oh, one more thing. A request. Can yo pls create a new thread next time, rather than continuing on a thread marked as answered? (you can alway reference the answered thread.)

Ludek

Answers (0)