cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveCycle Designer included in NWDS 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Colleagues of mine who never used NWDS before and just installed NWDS 7.0 SP09 find they do not have Adobe LiveCycle Designer as part of the installation. I also just installed NWDS 7.0 SP09, but I had many older versions of NWDS and still have the Designer.

If I remember correctly, the Designer was included (at least as an install option) in older versions of NWDS? Is it not included now? If not, where can we get it? -- A search on "Designer" and on "Adobe" on service.sap.com/installations returns nothing.

View Entire Topic
former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rendy,

the Designer is available as separate install at:

http://service.sap.com/installations

Entry by Application Group

-> SAP NetWeaver

-> SAP NETWEAVER

-> SAP NETWEAVER 2004S

-> Installation & Upgrade

-> <Choose appropriate combination of BS and DB>

-> Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1

Please check SAP note:

Best regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dezso. I realized I was not logging on to service marketplace with an adequately privileged id.

Any idea why the Designer is no longer included with the NWDS install?

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The designer isn't included anymore, so Adobe isn't dependent of the SP strategy of SAP.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This statement is partly correct. We took it out to ensure a certain degree of SP independence, but at the same time SAP and Adobe fix bugs and add enhancements both in the Adobe components and on the SAP side, which are SP-dependent. One example: After SAP NetWeaver SPS 18, you need to use Designer 7.1 due to further developments that weren't made to Designer 7.0 or in a lower SAP SP.

Best

Markus