cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

live office

Former Member
0 Kudos

<div><font face="Arial" size="2">I recently purchased Crystal Vision (Live Office) reg. #8488551126 in order to solve my report problems. I have been unable</font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2">to refresh a report created in live office. I talked to Crystal support group to no avail. When I log on to the system I receive an</font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2">error message, " the system can be contacted but there is no central management server running at port 6400"</font></div><div><font face="Arial" size="2">crystal group support has no idea of what to do. Did I purchase the wrong product?</font></div>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robert_horne
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

<p>Customer Supports policy is that they will work on your case until it gets fixed or they officially tell you that our Product group can or will not fix the issue for some specific reason. </p><p>This seems like a very simple problem but I&#39;m not aware of what my be the issue here. You need to make sure that you do have either Crystal Reports Server or Business Objects Enterprise running when you try to get data from your reports into you Office documents.</p><p>Are there firewalls in between your office document and the CRS or BOE system. Are they in different subnets? All of these things could cause the problem you are seeing. If you are not getting the help you require from your support Engineer ask for your case to be escalated to a resource or a manager. As cases get older the management should be through more resources at it. Just make sure the case is not closed without a resolution being given. <br /></p><p>Rob Horne<br /><a href="/blog/10">Rob&#39;s blog - http://diamond.businessobjects.com/blog/10</a></p>;