cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Builder initial status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a List Builder, and everything works ok.

But my problem is that when I preview the xcelsius document, List builder initial status is always empty.

My list builder is selecting measures that will be displayed on a chart, but if list builder has no initial status, nothing is shown on this chart.

I can force an initial display of data on this chart (by setting some values on excel source), but although I'm showing 3 measures (for instance), list builder shows that no measure is being shown, so this doesn't look like very brilliant.

Is there a way of setting List Builder initial status (some values starting as being selected)?

Thanks and best regards,

David.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186358
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

There is a workaround...

Component: List Builder

Solution: IF condition

Example:

Data: Label 1 (Cell A1)

Label 2 (Cell A2)

Label 3 (Cell A3)

in A5 cell have a condition: =if(A1="", "Label 1", A1)

similarly insert condition in A6 Cell =if(A2="", "Label 2", A2) and A7 Cell =if(A3="", "Label 3", A3)

Now map this cells (i.e. A1, A2, A3) to your List Builder (Labels)

Hope this helps...

-Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your reply, but I don't see that this solution can work.

I made some testing and with those formulas I won't be able of setting initial preselected values for list builder.

And, what is more, I made some reference formulas (like =Query!A5) but those reference formulas are not read by chart component, it thinks they are empty and nothing is drawn.

Could you please specify your suggestion?

Thank you,

David.

Edited by: David Sirvent on Jun 11, 2009 2:53 PM

former_member186358
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Logically it should work...because it is a very simple formula...

in A5 cell have a condition: =if(A1="", "Label 1", A1) i.e if A1 is blank (We know that initial status of A1 will be blank) cell A5 should have "Label 1"...else what ever value is present in A1 should be copied to cell A5

Now here you are refering this Cell A5 in another sheet say Sheet2 A1 = QueryA5..

So logically it should work...please check it again and let me know.

-Anil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The List build does not support default selection(initial status) in current version.

Thanks,

Sunso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

I don't think so no. The Destination range gets wiped when the component is initialising.

You could place a Label Box next to the update button with a message requesting data to be selected and then hide the Label after the update button is clicked by setting it's dynamic visibility based on the counta() of the destination cells. I tried simulating a selected entry by this method but it just looked bad when an alternative selection is made prior to the update button being clicked.

Regards

Charles