cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List all ODS objects / all PSA objects ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

I have used program SAP_INFOCUBE_DESIGNS to find the technical name for all InfoCubes in my BW system.

Does anyone know an easy way to list the technical name for ALL ODS objects and/or ALL PSA tables ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For all BW objects (I did not see PSA though) look

at RSA1->MetaData Repository

Reg's

Edan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, this was very interesting. I am using the information you've provided now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may or may not have acces to this Function Module - RSORAVDV V$-Tables (Oracle)

This lets you run queries against some of the Oracle tables. You can save differnt quereis as variants.

Here's one I use to get ODS table sizes:

TAB_GRP----

DBA

TAB_NAME----

DBA_TABLES

SELFLD1----

TABLE_NAME

SELFLD2----

NUM_ROWS

SELFLD3----

BLOCKS

SELFLD4

SELFLD5

SELFLD6

WCLAUSE----

TABLE_NAME LIKE '/BI%/A%00'

LNESIZE----

RFCDEST----

NONE

ONLY_FLD----

Y

The fields in the left column are what you are promted for and the right column is what you enter, then run the query and save it as a variant.

In this example I provide the blocks, knowing that each block in out DB is 8K. You could do this multiplication the SQL if yoiu want it in bytes.

You could create different variants for different groups of tables, or talk to your DBA about running these all as part of a SQL script.

Here's the output ( I added -

to keep the columns spread out in this forum post otherwise the extra spaces get eliminate and it gets squeezed together and you would just see a blob here)

09/29/2005 16:43:49 PW1

DBA_TABLES

TABLE_NAME--

NUM_ROWS--

BLOCKS

/BI0/ABBP_CON00--

8864658--

/BI0/ABBP_DS100--

2947678--

/BI0/ABBP_INV00--

3875203--

/BI0/ABBP_PO00--

4884567--

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

To display the size of all your ODS (active table) goto db02 and query /BIC/A* The change log tables should not be of interest regarding size because you can reorganize these requests. At all my customer size we have psa deletion jobs running on chang log for data older then 30 days. You would not want to repeat a delta anyway after + 30 days..

Kind regards, Patrick Rieken.

If there are any questions left: please ask.

If you are satisfied: please say thanks with a reward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, a helpful answer.

To clarify, if the /BIC/A* tables hold active data for the ODS objects. Then which data is stored in these tables :

/BIC/A* = active ODS data

/BIC/D* = ?

/BIC/E* = ?

/BIC/F* = ?

I ask this question because a search for in transaction DB02 comes back with table names of all the above.

And while I agree that only active data should be of interest because the change log could be reorganized, I would still like to understand which data is stored where ..

S0004647611
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>Keith,

>

> To clarify, if the /BIC/A* tables hold active data

> for the ODS objects. Then which data is stored in

> these tables :

>

> /BIC/A* = active ODS data

> /BIC/D* = Infocube dimension tables

> /BIC/E* = Infocube E-fact table (compressed data after collapse

> /BIC/F* = infocube F-Fact table

> /BIC/S* = SID tables

> /BIC/P* = Master attribute tables.

> /BIC/T* = master data text tables

> /BIC/X* = SID table attributes

> /BIC/Bnumeric PSA or changelog tables

These are the most important ones. One other reminder:

namespace /BI<b>C</b> means Customer generated, and /BI<b>0</b> is a business content generated object.

Kind regards, Patrick Rieken.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith

You can get the PSA tech name from the table "RSTSODS".

Give required data source name in the field "ODSNAME".

"ODSNAME TECH" field in the table will give you the PSA tech name for the required ODS/Cube.

Regards,

Rohini

Dont forget to assign points if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

For ODS's you can also go to table RSDODSO for technical details.

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you,

I can see now that table RSDODSO lists all ODS objects. And OBJVERS eq ‘A’ will show the active ones.

Now for my ultimate goal : is there an easy way to see the total database size for each ODS object ?

The database size for a single ODS object is found using transaction "DB02 --> detailed analysis" and placing the technical name between *'s

But since we have 235 active ODS objects, I'm looking for an easier way to collect this information. I would rather not repeat the same DB02 transaction 235 times !

Any word about the same on PSA would also be useful.

Thanks,

Keith