cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking to a Workset and Updating Detailed Navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating KM document iviews that contain graphics and text. I am using these iviews as splash pages or launch pages to various sections of our portal. I know how to create a link to an iview <a href="pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.lamsonlink.LINK_Content!2fcom.lamsonlink.LaunchPages!2fcom.lamsonlink.Iview!2fcom.lamsonlink.CIHomepage"> and a link to a page and that works very well.

But now I have to create a link that needs to launch a workset containing multiple pages and update the detailed navigation bar. Is that possible to do just using an <a href> tag?

Our portal version is NW04 Stack 12.

Thanks,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like your Inner page is coming from a different domain. You will have to relax the domain in Javascript.

Check out this thread, it does the same thing.

Hope this helps

Message was edited by: Ankur Jain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You misunderstood me..

Try this

<a href="#" onClick= "return parent.EPCM.doNavigate('ROLES://portal_content/com.lamsonlink.LINK_Content/com.lamsonlink.Roles/com.lamsonlink.Applications/com.lamsonlink.CompetitiveIntelligence');">

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

I tried that code and here is a screenshot of the error i am getting...permission denied.

http://www.lamson-sessions.com/SAP/Error.jpg

Thanks again for your prompt response!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

This means that you are already inside the Portal and wish to navigate to other Page/iView. You can make use of the EPCM javascript functions.

In your Href just put the following code

<a href="LinkName" onClick= return EPCM.doNavigate('NavigationTarget');"> </a>

If you get an error saying EPCM object not found, try using parent.EPCM in the above href link.

Hope this helps.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Here is the code I am using and it's giving me an error message and then once i click no to debug it still loads the page in the same window.

<a href="https://answers.sap.com/?NavigationTarget=ROLES://portal_content/com.lamsonlink.LINK_Content/com.lamsonlink.Roles/com.lamsonlink.Applications/com.lamsonlink.CompetitiveIntelligence" onClick= "return parent.EPCM.doNavigate('NavigationTarget');">

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

You can put in HREF the following link,

<your_portal_server>/<portal_alias>/<initial_page>? NavigationTarget=<escaped_NavigationTarget>

For example...

http://<portalserver>:<port>/irj/index.htm? NavigationTarget=ROLES%3A//portal_content/MyRole/MyRole/MyTest/MyIView

and this will open up the Page, with the Top Level and Detailed Level Navigation set to right target.

Thanks

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for your response. I was able to link to the workset as you described below. I just ran into one more snag though. The page opens up in itself which means I have duplicaed desktop areas. I would like the link to load the work area in the main frame. I did some searching and found the WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE paramater but I have no idea how to use that in an <a href> code. Any help you could provide would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Kris