Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to another Taxonomy sub folder

lakshmikanthaiah_s
Participant
0 Kudos

dears

A small query on Link feature.

My client user requirement is they want to create a Link to another Taxonomy's subfolder.

I have created around 5 taxonomies.

When i tried to create a Link, the list gives only the taxonomies, i can't navigate to subfolders of it.

I tried in another way like, getting the folder Access link, and create the Link. That is working fine.

But it is not soo user friendly.

plz reply me

thanx in advance

Lakshmikantha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

do you want to create a link from a taxonomy node to another taxonomy node or a link from a tax node to a node in another repository or from another repository to a tax node?

Regards,

Achim

lakshmikanthaiah_s
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

I want to create a link from a taxonomy node to another taxonomy node

regads

Lakshmikantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this should not be possible because of technical reasons. If you have found a workaround for this, we have to prevent this in the future.

Regards,

Achim

lakshmikanthaiah_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Achim,

My requirement is replication between taxonomy subfolders. What do u suggest??

Regards

Lakshmikantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you describe your usecase in more datail?

lakshmikanthaiah_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay.

I have 2 Taxonomies. A taxomony contain a sub-folder called 'Pressure'. Another Taxonomy also contain same sub folder name as 'Pressure'

As per client requirement, if any changes like new file, update, delete ... documents happen at 1st taxonomy's 'Pressure' subfolder, the same should reflect at 2nd Taxonomy's 'Pressure' sub folder.

It is simple a Document Replication in Sub folder's of 2 different Taxonomies.

Any idea. How it can be done.

Please reply me

Regards

Lakshmikantha

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmikantha,

I fear that you must even be more precise with your use case...

Anyhow, in a taxonomy folder, there are no documents "created" or "deleted" (documents can be created or deleted in a folder which is used for a taxonomy, and this can be reflected by the links shown within a taxonomy).

Hope it helps

Detlev

lakshmikanthaiah_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

You completed my sentence. thanx

This is what is my requirement.

I used a repository folders for Taxonomy.

Now any idea to meet my usecase

plz reply me

thanx

Lakshmikantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

This is just out of curosity.

With reference to Lakshmikantha problem description, she can even opt for this option (id used this one):

Create a query based taxonomy with multiple categories. Two or more categories can have similar queries set (which as per Lakshmikantha's case) can satisfy the Document replication task.

Since taxonomy is basically used to segregate the documents, can this be sufficient?

Awaiting Reply.

(Note: <i>I do not intend to confuse or divert this query but just want to understand the possibilities in similar scenario</i>).

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Ritu

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

for I still don't understand the use case completely, I cannot say whether it is a solution for Lakshmikantha; anyhow, it seems to be a possibility, as far as I understand the question. Lakshmikantha?!

Best regards

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Wow! That was pretty fast.

Thanks,

Ritu

lakshmikanthaiah_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu,

I tried with Query Based Taxonomy, again with Example-based Taxonomy.

I found one thing which is usefull for my usecase.

Instead of creating multiple indexes, i tried only one index with multiplee Data Sources.

Ya it helped me at this movement,

thanx anyway.

regards

Lakshmikantha