cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link queries in a workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know if in a workbook it is possible to link in a query result, a specific column, values as entries to run another query.

Thx in advanc for help

Bamba

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for this way RRI!

Iu2019ve inputted via the transaction u201CRSBBS - Maintain Sender-Receiver Assignmentu201D the Query Sender and the Query Receiver. In the icon u201CAssignment Detailsu201D I specified the column which I want to use it as Data entries in my query receiver (Type: infoOject; Selection option; required entry: switched on). Is it correct?

When I run the Query Sender and do a right click u201CGo tou201D in the column I want, the Query Receiver is running but not only with the values result of the Query Sender. I get more values entries. What is wrong in my approach?

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats why i said to use Char variable with replacement path. Create the variable in second Query.When you execute the second Query,it will execute first Query and all values from first query will be passed to input to second query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried also to use a variable with Replacement Path the result of the first result, but when I execute the second I get an error message u201CSystem error in program CL_RSR_OLAP and form IF_RSR_OLAP~MODIFY_VQUERY_SETTINGS-01u201D Message no. BRAIN299

I think itu2019s due to the fact that I have several columns in the fist query and not only one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bamba !

Did you find the solution of this error. I have same error in QA and Prod. Dev, it works fine.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Unfortunately, I have not yet found the solution!

Rgs

Bamba

Former Member
0 Kudos

RRI and replacement path are the two ways to achive this.

Mahendra

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with Characteristic Value variable with processing type Replacement path.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the result of my first query is made of several columns and I want to use one of them as values entries in the selection screen of my second query. How I can specify it I use a variable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this can be achieved with the RRI concept.

You need to go to the TCODe RSBBS and define an RRI for the two queries.

You can search SDN on Report to Report Interface option.

Regds,

SHashank