cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an infoobject that is defined as 35 characters in length. Now the values of this infoobject has only 20 characters or sometimes less than that. I would like to know how the master data is stored because I need to truncate the length of this infoobject in an update routine that I am creating. Is it stored with spaces in front and then the actual data? Or is it stored as data and then spaces?

Also is the maximum possible length of a infoobject restricted to 60 characters?

Thanks,

Ashmith Roy

<b></b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashmit..

Look at the Reply in your first Post..

Please donot repeat posts..We all chaeck all areas..

Ashish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry About that.

I thought this post was more relevant to Data warehousing than BEx.

Thanks,

Ashmith Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're right, it can be hard sometimes to decide which forum is the most appropriate.

As Ashish mentions, most folks that participate here watch all 5 of the Business Intelligence forums just for that reason. If you click on the Business Intelligence category link rather than the individual forums under it, you'll be able to see the activity in all 5 of the forums.

That's why having something usful in the Subject line is very helpful. If I see something like "Length of characteristic", I probably have an idea if 1) I might be able to offer some help, or 2)if the subject is of interest to me. When people post with something like - "I have doubts", I am less likely to take my time to look at them.

Pizzaman