Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LCM - promotion with Partial Success

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I have a question regarding LCM on BO XI 3.1 FP 3.5

When I start to promote content from DEV to TEST I receive following error in the job with a "Partial Success" status

Resolution Status=Overwritten, Dependency Status=Some required dependencies are not selected, Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed, Promotion Status=Failure : ,Failure :

I am not sure why, but the thing is that the Universe on TEST receives the same Revision ID and is not updated for any user who downloads the Universe with the Desktop Intelligence Client.

Do I need any special service running before I can promote jobs (not all servers are online on DEV)?

Do I need to enable LCM also on TEST?

Has somebody else experienced this?

Thanks for any help!

ciao Hakan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Here the description how I solved this:

Note used 1628590 - Version Management generates errors when checking in content already checked-in

Point 5 - Reset

executed: svn.exe checkout svn://subvserver:3690/snv_repository C:/Check_out/@TEST/WORKSPACE

This removed the binding within the Version Management System. Now the number for an item in CMS = 0, but the VMS=1.

If you need a VMS on the server, you need to reimport the VMS version (CMS=1 and VMS=1), and then you can make an update via promote and then the VMS will be working normal.

After this reset, I only received an error, when 2 promotes were running at the same time for the same object. I don't know how this could happen, but after a restart of the promotes sequentially everything was successfully promoted.

The update of the universe in Business Objects was imported after several restarts of the Desktop Intelligence Client. Web Intelligence had no issues importing the new Universe.

ciao Hakan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Maheshwar_Singh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

there would be a reason for failure, can you attach the complete message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheshwar!

This was all I have within the LCM webapplication.

But with SAP Support I found a solution.

ciao Hakan