cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LBWE...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BW gurus,

Do we need to activate all extract structures within an application?

For eg:

In an "Inventory control" (03) application there are 2 extract structures

1>MC03BF0: GOODS MOVEMENT

2>MC03UM0: STOCK REVALUATIONS.

what will happen if the 2nd extract structure is not kept active in case i dont need to use the revaluation cube for initial few months after the bw go-live?

can i use the same after say 1 year of bw implementation without any other MM cube/extraction setup getting affected?

Are there any benifits of not activating the extract structure if the cube(reports) related to the same are not needed?

Please explain in detail....

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Are there any benifits of not activating the extract structure if the cube(reports) related to the same are not needed?</i>

Yes, there are benefits not activating. Which are as you pointed out yourself. Once you activate an extractor it will start collecting deltas in the update queue (you can see it then in tc smq1). If you just activate a structure and don't do anything else the update queue will eventually become full (or atleast slow down performance). So in this case - if you activate structure but don't initialize delta on BW side. Then you will need to make sure that the delta queue job (job management in lbwe if using queued delta)is run periodically for every activated extractor. Since this will empty the update queue and transfer the records to the BW delta queue in rsa7. Hence if you do this you can activate although you don't use it. Although I don't see a good reason for activating if you won't use it fo a long time.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

normally you only need to activate the one you need. The only impact is, that if you activate the other one, you have to run a complete setup again.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siggi,

thanks a lot for the same.

in that case, what will happen if i dont extract the same in bW in the related cubes for a long period and only populate the other cubes with other extractors( like the "goods movement" in the example above)?

does that mean that the delta will go on accumulating and may lead to delta queue spill overs?

thanks,