Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LB Tran Codes

charles_soper
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a list the 'LB...' transaction codes such as the one for manual planning used to register user exits ... 'LB_EXIT_FM' in the layout builder.

Thanks

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

Go to transaction SE16 and check table TSTCT with transaction code as LB* should fetch the available transaction code.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually the LB_EXIT_FM that's entered in the transaction code field is not a transaction code it's an OK CODE (in technical terms sy-ucomm) for the program so you will not be able to locate it in TSTC. The best option is to serach the program of the layout builder with 'LB*. The program name is SAPLUPP_LB_01, some of the LB codes are attached to the standard buttons on the screens so I will say try it out and do post ur findings.

thanks

Note - Assigning points is the way to say thanks...

charles_soper
Participant
0 Kudos

I was able to get into the code and tried the search both there and in the include. The search did not display any 'ok' codes.

However, from bps0 you can find ok codes from the sys>status> double click the screen 100 and you'll find ok codes like 'fw_plan' etc.

Any idea what these might be used for?

Thanks

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to tansaction code SM01 and search with LB*. It will list all the avialable transactin codes. To use SM01 u need to have authorization.

Hope this helps.

Praveen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

I consider FW_TM to be the most useful of them. I use it a lot for testing.

It's used to select all records filtered in the package into a sort of ALV view. From there you can further filter, download to xls, etc.

This is very helpful to test results of a function execution without having to create a layout.

In order to execute it you need to go to BPS0, select a level, package and paste this transaction code in the transaction code area.

Although, it does not work outside BPS0.

Hope that helps!

Alex Zetune

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I will keep this short and to the point. Stick to documented functionality and you are better off in the long run. There is no guarantee that "undocumented features" will work in future release.

Regards

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

LB Codes:

LB_NEXT

LB_PREV

LB_RADIOS_KF

LB_DEL_DATA

LB_MACROS

LB_APPL

LB_FIT_WIDEST

LB_NO_KEYFIX

LB_INFO

LB_DETAILS

LB_REF1

LB_REF2

LB_REF3

LB_EXIT_FM

LB_CLR_HIE

LB_CLR_FM

LB_CLR_CE

LB_SETTINGS

LB_BUDGET

LB_REFSS

LB_TAB_HEAD

LB_TAB_KEY

LB_TAB_DATA

LB_TAB_DATA

LB_DYN

LB_SUM

LB_POPUPVAR

LB_USE_MASTER

LB_EXPAND

LB_COLLAPSE

LB_DC_ROW

LB_DC_COL

LB_FB_ROWS

LB_ATR_SHOW

LB_RADIO_CE

LB_CE

LB_SHOW_DOC

LB_DOCU_RESTRICT

LB_INSERT

LB_HIE

LB_DLB

-

FW Codes:

FW_PLAN

FW_PROF

FW_AIPF

FW_VARS

FW_BACK

FW_EXIT

FW_CANC

FW_TM

FW_SHOW

FW_INFO

FW_FIND

FW_UNDO

FW_SETTINGS

FW_STAT

FW_PLANOBJ

FW_SAVE

FW_SAVE_M

FW_BACK

FW_EXIT

FW_CANC

FW_PLAN

FW_PROF

FW_AIPF

FW_VARS

FW_PR_ALL

FW_TRANSPORT

FW_TRANSLATE

FW_UP1

FW_DOWN1

FW_UP2

FW_DOWN2

FW_UP2

FW_DOWN2

charles_soper
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suan,

Very Nice!

Which ones do you use primarily? And, if you could provide the business example for a couple of these

that would be great!

Thanks

Tim

gerd_schoeffl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to Suan for providing the list of all the LB* transaction codes. Now the crucial question is - what do they do and does it make any sense to use them.

Unfortunately the answer is not what one would expect...:

the only one of those transaction codes that does anything interesting is 'LB_EXIT_FM'. Generally spoken the BPS does not use any transaction codes for hidden functionality. For every rule there are exceptions - in our case LB_EXIT_FM and the well known FW_TM.

All the other transaction codes are used internally for triggering the behavior of the BPS0 - for example jump to the next screen of the layout builder, call the popup for the settings of the lead columns (totals and subtotoals etc.) and so on. They are fired when clicking a button and nearly all of them only make sense if you are on the appropriate screen of the BPS0. Thus I would strongly recommend not to use them as

- for every fcode there is a button or menu entry that triggers this action

- they should only be called under certain circumstances.

In that sense BPS is very different from R/3...

Best regards,

Gerd Schoeffl

SAPNetWeaver RIG BI EMEA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I defer here conceptually as in BW and R/3 the screen designs and the logics are same there's no difference. Irrespective of BW or R/3 or infact anyother packages (exceptions are java basde fronend like query designer, web dynpro for java which are java based) are based on the same concept there are tcodes which are used to trigger a transaction and there are ok-codes which are used to trigger a specific action while you are in the program. The best example is the back, exit and cancel button these are okcodes, please goto bps0 transaction and in the command area enter "FW_EXIT" or "FW_CANCEL" it will come out of the BPS0 transaction in the first and cancel the present activity in the second.

Now let's talk about LB_EXIT_FM: - This is the functionality which SAP didn't wanted to open up before the new release so it's available if code but there's no button available to trigger it from the screen more like an easter egg......

Hope I was able to explain it clearly....

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I aggree completely to Gerd's comment.

Frankly to say, I use only fw_tm most of the time.

Best Regards,

Suan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any time where this would not work. For ex. I see that fw_tm works well in my QA system but does not work in my development system. Am not sure whether its dependent on some other setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Post some more usefull codes like this and their usage...