cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout error handling in Design Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Im bloody new to the Design Studio and after some tryouts (1.3 SP1) was interested in error handling regarding the layout area, something like this:

What I dont understand is: first, if such error messages are shown, there is no compelling appropriate exception in the error log, but it could be the case like for "too much data". What logic is SAP following here? How can I analyze and handle such errors, means also see the full exception text? Where can I find matching informations to concrete errors to be able to understand what is running wrong? Thank you in advance,

cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence,

you mean the positioning or the cut off message?

This looks like the the error message is a German message saying that the chart cannot show the selected data.

the positioning of your chart is interesting - do you really want to position the chart on 6 cells? For this, you should use a combination of two grid layouts, one big with 2 columns only and second on the right side with 3 rows only.

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

Im not talking about this specific message, my question is more about handling such issues in generally. The case I screenshotet was just a sample from a SAP course I took look at. By the way: the layout changing question was also one could not be answered: the only generall setting I found was an entry like "Grid Layout". I was interested in changing this layout or get a list of available at all. Thank you,

regards

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Layout

in general Design Studio has an absolute layouting concept (pixel positioning). It has been extended to allow also resizable positioning, so every component has own size, which can be also "auto". In that case, the component is bound to all 4 directions and gets resized if required.

To build resizable layout structures you can use the grid container which can have cells (there is a setting which allows you to define number of rows / columns and the relations between)

What you will not find (for the reasons of absolute layouting concepts) are some flow layouts.

there are some messages shown by the components in case of errors, this one is an example. But in normal cases when the corresponding data are fitting into the size, this should not be a case that some additional messages are shown.

In general, Design Studio has also a message popup which populates all messages produced also by the backend system. also an administrator can add some (script api: APPLICATION.create..Message();

regards, Karol

Answers (0)