cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launchpad Service vs. Cloud Portal Service

camichel
Participant

Hello together,

i am looking forward to setup a "Launchpad / Portal" Service for our Development Environment to deploy showcases to a Launchpad to got a tile collection with all usecases also with the intention to use the Launchpad feature for demonstration like the notification...

Now I am looking for the differnce of the "Lauchpad Service" & the "Cloud Portal Service"...

I found in this blog entry "https://blogs.sap.com/2020/09/11/building-a-central-launchpad-using-sap-cloud-platform-launchpad-service-getting-started/" --> The key difference is that the freestyle capability has been removed from the Launchpad service.

What is the freestyle capability? And are their any other differences? Which Service would you recommend?

Cheers & Thanks!

Carsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor

Hi Carsten,

I would suggest you watch the replay of the SAP TechEd 2020 Session by aviad.rivlin :

Road Map: SAP's Portal Offerings and SAP Work Zone [DEV805]

Best regards
Gregor

camichel
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gregor 🙂

So If i right understand... if I want to use Native HTML5 Apps beside my Fiori Apps on the Portal, I should need to use the "Portal Service" right?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

j18r
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Carsten,

with "Freestyle" capability you are able to create pixel-perfect pages, containing pictures and other "unstructured" content.
If "Application Integration" is your main task then "Launchpad" service would be the right choice.

Cheers,
Johannes