Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launchpad Service - App without visualization and not assignable to catalog and group

Active Contributor

Hi expert,

I need help to expose my application made in BAS to the Launchpad on BTP.

After I add my application to "My content"

The first step I took was to clone the application and try to add it to some catalogs and groups.
But is not visible on the right bar

Plus the visualization has not write anything about the tile

For that, I changed my manifest and add the crossNavigation information (I don't know if it's the right solution). Deploy, but either there are no updates in the "Launchpad service", and my application has the same problem.

If I tried to download it from the HTM5 repository, the manifest changes are there.

Maybe I need to correct something in the mta file ?

I hope I express my problem correctly,

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi, Sebastiano.

For the application to be recognized by the standard Content Provider (id: saas_approuter) in the Launchpad Service, there are a few things that need to be done:

  1. The "" property needs to be added to the manifest.json, with the service set to whatever string you want and the "public" set to true, just like in the example below:
      "": {     "service": "com.fmp",     "public": true   }
  2. Whenever you click on the "Refresh" button to get the new content, it will search for Destinations with "saasregistryenabled" set to true and "" set to "", just like in your manifest.json. Example:

    It can be created automatically by the MTA, just like:

If you haven't set them up correctly, chances are your app won't be found by the Launchpad service.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Diêgo Silva

0 Kudos

Hi Silva,

even with saaregistryenabled = true we have apps that dont show up. We think it has to do with the fact that we deleted the app from the repository and now adding it again does not work.

Is there a way to get a decent log from saas_approuter ? The SYNC Report says 5 total apps but the content explorer shows only 4.

So maybe the content explorer is "stuck" with the information that the app has been deleted ?

"status": "SUCCEEDED",
"contents": {
"total": 5,
"failed": 0,
"status": "SUCCEEDED",
"messages": {},
"correlationId": "2c87b949-f141-42c5-65e7-544f81774c0b"
"reportId": {
"contextId": "SUB_ACCOUNT",
"subdomain": "xxxxxxx",
"providerId": "saas_approuter",
"contextType": "sub_account",
"identityZoneId": "1f5cf8b2-6d95-4cf0-8a6f-f3e396a3b554"
"correlationId": "2c87b949-f141-42c5-65e7-544f81774c0b",
"providerTitle": "HTML5 Apps",
"statusText": "Gesamter Content wurde erfolgreich aktualisiert"
0 Kudos

Hi Matteo,

I wanted to provide you with a suggestion that could help streamline the deployment process for your MTA. It might be beneficial for you to try deleting all the "repo_host" and "xsuaa" destinations and allow the MTA to create them again during deployment. This has helped me in the past when I encountered similar issues.

One thing to keep in mind is the "existing_destinations_policy" in the MTA. Depending on the changes made to the application, some IDs or other details may be altered. If you leave the "existing_destinations_policy" as "ignore", these changes will not be updated automatically. You would need to update them manually or delete them to let the MTA deployment handle it.

I hope this suggestion helps. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.



Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Diego