Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Printed Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: slang@ezgrout.com

CA Forum: General

I have an application that requires me to use the Last Printed date in the record selection. I know there are print date functions, but these change as you refresh the preview and do not reflect the actual last time the report was sent to a printer. I am looking for the actual last printed date as found in File\Summary Info\Document Properties on the Statistic tab. Can this information be retrieved to be used in formulas or record selections?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: slang@ezgrout.com

Very helpful. Exactly what I was looking for. Problem is the Print Date is not showing up correctly. When I do a right click browse info it's showing 0/0/00 12:00:00am. I printed a couple of times thinking it had to update but with no luck. Can you shead some light?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: V361

not directly, but you could add a data source, create new connection, file system data, set the starting directory to as close to the file name as you can get, for example C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Crystal Reports

then uncheck the include all files, in the file mask, put the entire file name for example

test.rpt

you can then use the last print date (summary info) off this data base connection to get what you need.