cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large volume of data in PCA cube and ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am loading an ODS which eventually feeds another Cube.For 8 months of 2005 I already have 240 mil records in the ODS and 360 mil records in the Cube.I still have to load another 4 months of data.Do u think it is still advisable to load data into these and can some one tell me how much data is advisable to load and the pros and cons of loading such data.

Regards,

Kal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kal,

Are you loading data in multiple currencies?

check Your info object Currency type. , for instance you sometimes receive the same data in document currency , controlling area currency and company code currency. By loading data only for one type of currency which is relavent for reporting you can reduce the amount of data in data target.

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kal,

the cons to this scenario could be a

degraded query performance..

Well i would advise that if the data has been loaded

correctly then you should compress the request id's

in the infocube..

this would help you out to handle such a large amount of

data..

Regards,

Sidharth Gupta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kal,

When you have large amount it is a good thing to initialise for short period buckets, rather than all together. In your case you could initalise for 1 to 2 months of data at a time.

Moreover if the data is not going to change you could compress the same once it has been correctly loaded.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kal,

and you can make selective deletion of your ODS-data if you don't use them longer.

/manfred