cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language forward in Opendocument

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'll open a Crystal Report with Opendocument. This works fine. But i would like also forward the languages in the opendocument parameter. This languages Parameter should override the language Setting for the Internet Explorer.

https://sapboacc.ch.doleni.net/BOE/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sIDType=CUID&iDocID=AQIBEpm...&language="FR"&promptex-ZNVPOL3="000012100000"&promptex-ZNVPARI3="2388134"&promptex-ZNVGRP="GK"

This language parameter doesn't work, it only works if i change the language Setting in IE too.

Can somebody help me?

BR

Gabriel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Can somebody help me?

former_member201696
Participant
robert_roedel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

did you use any additional settings to make this work? In my case the language parameter is only changing the language of the OpenDocument login screen. But it is not working for changing the language of the application itself. The language parameter seems to get lost after login and while calling the application.

I tried this with specific locale settings in the BI platform preferences and also with locale settings set to "Use browser locale". In every case the application is executed using the language which is set in the BI platform preferences or in the browser settings. The language parameter has no effect.

Did you somehow face the same problems?

Best regards,

Robert

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I have create for each language, one OLAP Connection with fix language setting. This is the only workaround at the moment. I hope SAP will fix this issue.

BR

Gabriel

robert_roedel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

thanks for the reply. I was able to solve this problem for my Design Studio application. The setting "Allow language to be set as an OpenDocument parameter" was missing in my Central Management Console configuration.

In case this might be helpful for others you need to do the following:

1. In the Central Management Console go to Servers → Analysis Services

2. Manage object properties of the AdaptiveProcessingServer

3. In the "Analysis Application Service Configuration" you will find the checkbox for the setting "Allow language to be set as an OpenDocument parameter".

4. After setting this configuration property save the changes and restart the AdaptiveProcessingServer.

After that I was able to use "&language=DE" in my OpenDocument URLs for overriding the language settings. This now works fine for me but I also saw in SAP note 2297657 (When language is provided as a URL parameter to an Analysis Application it does not have the expected effect) that there could be some problems with it which might be solved in Design Studio 1.6 Support Package 02.

Best regards,

Robert

former_member201696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I had as think you mean Crystal Report. But for Design Studio you are correct. This Parameter for Design Studio was implemented in the Version 1.6 SP1. I had as requested this function by SAP, after x Meeting with the Design Studio Product Ovwner.

Answers (0)