cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KMC Migration Error - Invalid RID

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may or may not be related to migration, but it came during the process. We are migrating from EP6SP2P5 to NW04 SPS9 P7. The situation is unique because the customer has UWL but not a full KMC install on the source via note 688830. Our process was then to copy then delete the UWL pars from the source and only migrate the Portal. We did. Then install KMC on the target and then put the UWL pars back in. However, upon our install of the KMC on the target, we get the error below. Thus something possibly in the migration went astray. The other thing we did is change the name reference to the portal DB in the TSNAMES.ora. I don't know if this would effect the install or not. Whether a migration or install error, does anyone have an idea of where to start to fix this and how?

Thanks - Leland

Error during Knowledge Management startup!

Please contact your system administrator Additional information:

com.sapportals.wcm.repository.InvalidUriException: Invalid RID: No

repository manager found: /virtualroot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tombo_larsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Even if CM+COLL was not used nor configured in the target system - you need to migrate this also (KMC + PP migration).

In the target, remember to re-deploy (ALL) KMC again AFTER PP migration, then it works. We had the same problem and also tried to migrate without CM+COLL, but this is not supported.

BR

Tom BO

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Leland Bartlett

The scenario which you have mentioned is not supported by the KMC migration tools, is has never gone

through any integration tests, it has not been qualified in QA, it is not documented in the Migration Guides, and has never passed Solution Validation.

Regarding Question No. 2

It seems that migration has broken ; target has to be installed with the same components as the source prior to migration. Further, the source system must be in a state of running without errors.

I hope it resolves.

Regs

Suneel Razdan

tombo_larsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Leland

We have a similar situation. Not with the UWL, but exactly the same error in the target system after the same migration.

For us it happens when we have a source-system installed with Portal Plaform and CMCOLL. While the CMCOLL never have been used, we desided to only migrate the PP part.

After migrating Portal platform to the target-system (only Portal Platform installed), we want to use CM+COLL in the target system and therefore installed this component. The installations seems fine, but when trying to access Content Management -> KM Content we get the same error...

1) Dont know the solution yet...Working on it this week

2) Do YOU know the solution fot this error

Best regards

Tom Bo

Former Member
0 Kudos

We found that the KMC Par files and two portal framework files had to be redeployed. Not by SDM, that did not work, we changed the Par.bak files to .par and then restarted the J2ee Engine. I am uploading a document i created which list the files and the locations of the files. Let me know if this works for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought there was a way to upload an attachment, but I don't see it. email me at: leland.bartlett@sap.com for the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please email me for solution.